PDA

View Full Version : Nursery assistant hitting toddler!!!

suzyblue
26-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Look at this!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1281438/Nursery-worker-hit-swore-toddler-wet-himself.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo
Hope that works....

Hebs
26-05-2010, 09:08 AM
OMG i dunno whats worse, what he did or that the room supervisor found it funny :angry: :angry:

suzyblue
26-05-2010, 09:10 AM
I know. They need to pay proper wages and get well educated workers in nurseries. :angry:

marzi
26-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Thats just awful that poor little boy. I notice the article didnt mention if the room supervisor was also sacked, and didnt say if the person that witnessed it stopped him. He'd have been in trouble if i'd have seen it i can tell you :angry:

AliceK
26-05-2010, 09:16 AM
This is disgusting. Both members of staff are just vile beyond belief. How anyone can even get cross with a just turned 2yr old having an accident is beyond belief never mind acting in the way he did (and she found this amusing :angry: )

xxxxxxx

~Chelle~
26-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Why the hell didnt the witness say anything at the time??? It was only when the child told his mother the next day that something was done about it:angry: :angry:

Shocking!

wendywu
26-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I just find it strange that the other staff watched and laughed.

They must know that this puts their jobs on the line that there is no way the Police or Ofsted will not take action :angry:

Ripeberry
26-05-2010, 11:06 AM
They won't go against their colleagues because they will get in trouble as well and don't want to 'grass up'.
That is the main reason I could NEVER work in a nursery enviroment, too many other adults to keep an eye on, let alone the children :(

Even just helping out as a parent helper in a pre-school, you see staff maybe not dealing with something properly or corners being cut (nothing dangerous or nasty).
But doing a nursery job with loads of kids must be very draining in the long run and some workers get a bit 'blazee' (sp) about it all and start to resent their charges but don't have the common sense to leave the job if they feel like that :mad:

Toothfairy
26-05-2010, 11:34 AM
:angry: :angry: That's disgusting

francinejayne
26-05-2010, 12:15 PM
It's very worrying, and thank goodness he's been found out before anything more serious happened (not saying that this wasn't bad enough)

Parent's have such a hard time deciding who to trust with their child's care, and when something like this happens I just can't imagine how they must feel - I know that if that happened to my child there is no way I could ever trust anyone ever again to look after him. :(

green puppy
26-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Some of the comments posted under the article are interesting, posters blaming working mothers and saying children should not be in nurseries at that age! One guy said he was in the courtroom and alot of what the article states is rubbish. Seemed to be one out of six in the room that said it happened and the one that did could have had a problem with a male nursery worker.

suzyblue
26-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I look after a child that was taken out of a large nursery chain as one of the staff had changed his nappy and then 'threw him across the floor' It must have been witnessed and reported, the girl was suspended and the mother took her baby out of the setting. The nursery are still trying to get three months fees from the mother for not giving notice and the girl has been re-instated!:eek:

sandy64
26-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I just find it strange that the other staff watched and laughed.

They must know that this puts their jobs on the line that there is no way the Police or Ofsted will not take action :angry:

this is so true why didnt someone stop it that horrible man that poor little boy will be traumatised now bless him, hope nursery gets shut down sounds like all the staff there are as bad.

Erika
29-05-2010, 11:24 PM
That is absolutely shocking - it makes me feel sick to my stomach. Poor little lad. I damned well hope the nursery gets shut down. It's people like this that give childcarers a bad name. That poor boy will probably be frightened to be left in any childcare setting now, and I can't imagine how his parents must be feeling.

I'll admit something that I am really ashamed of. When I was ready to go back to work with my first born, I would not entertain the idea of a childminder. I didn't like the thought that a childminder is on their own all day without anyone else and could do anything they wanted and I wouldn't know (my child was 16 months). I wanted a nursery - that way I felt I could be confident that there would be more staff therefore less chance of my child being mistreated.

Sorry - that was just the way I felt.

Then I went round a few nurseries. I did not like what I saw. Little ones left sitting in high chairs, some rolling around on the floor with no-one paying them any attention whatsoever, little ones crying and being ignored. Some staff were just plain rude to me as well - hardly an advertisement. Instead of enrolling my child, I submitted complaints about each and every one of those nurseries.

I then went to look around childminders, and the atmosphere I found was so different. But I was still worried that a "show" was being put on whilst I was there. I wondered what it was really like when I wasn't there. I was paranoid - made worse by things that are reported in the media. Sometimes I'd finish work early just so I could turn up unexpectedly. And you know what? I always found my child happy.

I am very ashamed that I felt my child would be safer in a nursery setting - it clearly wasn't the case.

Now, my eldest goes to an afterschool club a couple of times a week. I thought it would be good for her social skills. It is also housed within the local school - although it is privately run. I can count on one hand the incidents that have occured in my current childminder's home over the three years she has had both my children. In the first week at the after school club my child was involved in two accidents, and when I appeared there after finishing work early last week I saw why. It was just utter chaos. I would never find the lack of care that goes on there, at my childminder's home. What was worse was I walked into the club, got my child and left again. A member of staff glanced briefly at me but did/said nothing. I have never met this member of staff before - I could have been anyone. (I knew she was staff as they wear logo'd shirts). I got a letter asking if I would like my other child to go there after the summer (other child is starting school this year). Not a chance. They won't be getting my other child nor my eldest, who I am removing. I know they are safe at the childminder.

If I had more children, not one of them would ever go into a group setting.

mayberry
30-05-2010, 04:44 AM
This is sickening. Both members of staff are just shocking beyond belief.

Dawn x

Leelee
30-05-2010, 06:19 AM
The mother must have been devastated! What disgusting, insensitive and incompetent staff (I'll put the polite words rather than the ones I was thinking)! This has made me think more about my own situation, as I'm having a baby in August and was wondering whether to go back to admin work and put baby in Nursery and toddler in Playgroup. Now I'm not so sure I want use a Nursery when she's so young! I hope the pair of them get what they deserve!

sophiemarie
30-05-2010, 11:33 AM
what a horrible bullying screwed up individual how could you do that to a child why oh why do these sort of people go into child-care:(