PDA

View Full Version : What do i do now?!

snufflepuff
25-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Mindee has been on holiday and is due back with me tomorrow. While they were away i took on a schoolie, so i now cannot give my original mindee breakfast (not part of her contract but was doing it to help mum out) and i also need her to be dropped off on time otherwise we will be late getting to school.
I have tried getting hold of Mum with no luck so i sent her an email to explain the situation. She has not replied so im guessing she will arrive late tomorrow expecting me to give her LO breakfast.
What do i do?!?! :panic:

Fabby
25-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Try contacting her in morning. You can always just give toast. x

Monkey26
25-05-2010, 09:27 PM
I was going to suggest toast for tomorrow as well! I know its not ideal but when we are running late i do a bulk round of toast and butter and the kids eat it in the car/pushchair! I would like to point out that this is quite a rare occassion before i get "shouted" at!!! Teehee :laughing:
Speak to mum in the morning :) x

The Juggler
25-05-2010, 09:37 PM
nothing wrong with toast or crumpets. I have little ones who never eat/finish cereal, so fruit and toast are cool with me as long as they eat it.

However, I agree, take a banana/toast on run for tomorrow then let her know it's breakfast at home from now on:)

AliceK
26-05-2010, 08:40 AM
nothing wrong with toast or crumpets. I have little ones who never eat/finish cereal, so fruit and toast are cool with me as long as they eat it.

However, I agree, take a banana/toast on run for tomorrow then let her know it's breakfast at home from now on:)

Agree. Either that or wait till you get back from school to give her brekkie. I have sometimes done this if mindees are too late to have anything before we go.

xxxxxx

Hebs
26-05-2010, 08:42 AM
most kids eat better "on the move" as the focus isn't on the food :thumbsup:

toast (or crumpets fab idea :D ) are perfectly fine :clapping:

solly
26-05-2010, 08:49 AM
If parents are late & kids have not had breakfast i will either let them eat it while we are walking or I will do them breakfast when I have finished the school run.
If a parent is late then I will still leave for school on time as it's not fair for the other children to be late and they either find me on route or wait for me to get back home, I have always stated this so majority of the time they arrive on time as they find it to difficult to find me on route (I live about 2mins walk from the school)