PDA

View Full Version : I've got a bad feeling !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gizmo
25-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I have been minding A since I started last year he came to me 7 months old and is just adorable, his gran was made redundant at Xmas and has still to find a job I think she is trying to convince Mum & Dad that A would be better off with her she was picking him up now and then on a Friday and keeping him overnight, last week she picked him up on Thursday afternoon and he was off here Friday too. I have just had a text from Mum to see if Gran can pick him up tomorrow at 10.30 I have text back to say we are at toddlers and waiting a reply.

sarah707
26-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Hmmm I'd have a bad feeling too!

Are you advertising? xx

Twinklestars
26-05-2010, 06:53 AM
maybe mum and dad won't cancel you in case she gets a job and drops them in it? Hope they stay with you:)

huggableshelly
26-05-2010, 06:55 AM
yep I would have that same feeling. Atleast if you are right it wont come as too much of a shock, time to get advertising just in case.

Toothfairy
26-05-2010, 07:21 AM
I would start advertising, it does sound as though they may be thinking that way.

maryp0ppins
26-05-2010, 08:20 AM
what a shame when things like this happen,
if gran has A then decides to get a new job the parents will be in a right predicament. I hope things work out 4 you...if it was me I'd be putting the feelers out 4 a new mindee!!
xxxx

Gizmo
26-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Well Gran picked him up at toddlers this morning and is keeping him overnight so I wont have him tomorrow either, I am still getting paid when he is off but it just doesnt feel right. When mum dropped him off this morning she did apolgise for her mum having him again.
I turned down a full timer last week as well :panic: and passed her on to another minder, I have been advertising as I have a space Mon/Tues so fingers crossed

Gherkin
26-05-2010, 02:16 PM
I often find that grandparents end up letting parents down in term of childcare.

Twinklestars
26-05-2010, 05:04 PM
my oh's mum doesn't york but she wasn't reliable enough to look after my 5 year old and kept going on holiday with only a day's notice or being busy so i just sent him to a childminder.

LisaMcNally09
27-05-2010, 09:58 AM
I would maybe approach parents and explain how you feel. I have done this with a set of parents before and they put my mind at rest straight away.

If you dont feel they are approachable like that then start advertising and see what comes along. You can then talk to mum/dad as and when anything comes up!

SYLVIA
27-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Couldn't you just say to parents that you have had a few enquiries recently and were wondering what their future plans were as the gran seems to be having LO a lot now. You have to think of yourself and your business.

Gizmo
27-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Good News (I Think) mum popped in tonight to pick up her pram, I asked her if A was coming back tomorrow cos I hadnt heard from them, her reply my mum doesnt get him for more than one overnight he is coming back to you I know what he is up to here :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

TheBTeam
27-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Good News (I Think) mum popped in tonight to pick up her pram, I asked her if A was coming back tomorrow cos I hadnt heard from them, her reply my mum doesnt get him for more than one overnight he is coming back to you I know what he is up to here :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thats good to hear, I wonder what Nan has been up to!:eek:

Mummits
28-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm glad things seem to have been sorted for you. I would keep an eye on the situation though as I have lost two mindees to Grandmas in the past.

In the first case the little one said to me (when his parents weren't around) Grandma's coming to live with us, then I won't be able to see you any more. Parents said absolutely nothing, so I thought he must have got that wrong, then they told told me just before Xmas he wouldn't be back after the holiday (stupidly I didn't have a deposit or advance payment and they even left owing me money for extra hours). In the second case, Grandma got made redundant during the month's settling in period, so leapt in and offered to take care of the littl'un. I heard afterwards it was shortlived, and he is now in a nursery, but I had held a place for several weeks before he started (another live and learn experience!).