PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this?

king
25-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I had an enquiry today for summer holiday care for a 4yr who starts school in sep. I already have my own children nearly 1y and 4y who also starts school in sep plus a mindee 1y. It is only for 1 day a week could I ask for a variation? Am I right in thinking they dont count as 'rising 5's' untill they actually start school?

tashaleee
25-05-2010, 08:00 PM
You can ask but I dont know if they would grant it for one day a week - unless you can 'prove' why the child should come to you instead of another minder - ie continuity of care, family member, known to you, will be at school with your child in September etc

I believe a child aged 4 is not a rising 5 until after they would start school in september

AliceK
25-05-2010, 08:07 PM
If the 4yr olds will be going straight into full-time school in Sept (not starting off doing part-time) then for the summer hols you can class them as rising 5's. There was a discussion about this in another thread. Ofsted have told me this and someone else on here has got it in writing from them too. Hope this helps.

xxxxx

king
25-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I thought all schools started children part time at first. Maybe I will have to turn this one down

Hebs
25-05-2010, 08:17 PM
i asked ofsted and yes the summer before starting school can be counted as rising 5's if they go into full time education (as my new mindee does) :thumbsup:

king
25-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Maybe I will give Ofsted a call tomorrow

AliceK
26-05-2010, 08:35 AM
I thought all schools started children part time at first. Maybe I will have to turn this one down

No a lot now start them FT. My own DS's school used to do PT but they changed a couple of years ago and now they start FT straight away.

xxxxxx