PDA

View Full Version : Ever taken back a termination of contracts?

Tippy Toes
25-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Hello

A week ago I terminated a contract after a little one I look after (18 months) bit one of my mindees for a 4th time!

I have been working the 2 weeks notice (last day friday 28th) and have seen a change in this little one and am wondering whether I have done the right thing as X seems so much better, playing nicer with the others, happier to come in in the mornings etc.

I am considering asking mum if she has found alternative childcare and if not offer to continue caring for her little one.

What do you think? Or will it seem un proffesional as ive already given her letter of termination?

Mum is really nice and we have always got on well.

What do you think and have you ever done this?

Thanks All :)

sandy64
25-05-2010, 07:18 AM
im presuming you were working through the biting issue with mum, so she was a where of the situation it put you in, maybe just casualy say to mum on pick up how ? has been this week so much better then say have you found alternate childcare go from there if she has theres not much you can do but if not say you would be willing to do a mths trial to see if you can manage.good luck:)

sonia ann
25-05-2010, 07:24 AM
did the lo bite the same mindee 4 times?..............perhaps you should ask the parents of the other mindee/s how they would feel if this little one stayed as well

Tippy Toes
25-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks for your replies ladies :)

Im just so unsure what to do. :(

sonia ann
25-05-2010, 10:18 AM
"Mum is really nice and we have always got on well."

can you just sit down and have a coffee and a chat and talk about it...........explain how you feel ........if you have a good relationship and she hasn't found anyone else may be you could try again:)

Tippy Toes
25-05-2010, 10:20 AM
"Mum is really nice and we have always got on well."

can you just sit down and have a coffee and a chat and talk about it...........explain how you feel ........if you have a good relationship and she hasn't found anyone else may be you could try again:)

Thanks so much Sonia Ann you are right, this is what Im going to do. She picks little one up at 12.15 so will have a chat with her then, thats the best I can do :)

Thanks again x

Tippy Toes
25-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Have had a chat with mum and she is not sure, worried that if X bites again what she will do for childcare?

Was not sure how to answer this? What answer would you have given?

She said she has booked to seem someone re childcare later this week so will see how that goes and then let me know....but this makes me feel like she is only going to stay with me if she cant find anything else??

Argghh! So stressful :(

Rubybubbles
25-05-2010, 11:30 AM
TBH I would keep things as they are. Better to end the contract on a good (ish) note than further down the line regret it.

How long did you work on the biting? I seem to remember your post lol, need to find it again:blush:

The Juggler
25-05-2010, 01:08 PM
TBH I would keep things as they are. Better to end the contract on a good (ish) note than further down the line regret it.

How long did you work on the biting? I seem to remember your post lol, need to find it again:blush:

I agree, if you withdraw notice and it starts up again in a few weeks, it'd be terrible to have to terminate for a second time.:(