PDA

View Full Version : potential Rude parent, what would you do?

Ben10mad
24-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi

I had a parent come round about 2 weeks ago for her two little one, she is after full time.
The thing is the lady is very rude and very nosey. I invited her in, her phone went off she answered it and was on the phone for 15 mins :rolleyes: Didnt even apologize.
We had a chat about the childcare and she swung a load of questions at me, am i single, is this your own house, how much you pay for it, how much am i on a week, that is only a few, it got to me how she come across rude, any way she rung me the next day and said she is happy with every thing and wants to start them the following monday. She text me the night before and said there has been a change in work she wont be starting still next monday now.
I am really un sure what to do, when i am due new mindee's to start im excited but im not.
what do you think i should do?

xxxx

peanuts
25-05-2010, 04:19 AM
go with your gut instinct

Hebs
25-05-2010, 04:44 AM
go with your gut instinct

I agree!!!

singlewiththree
25-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Ring and say your circumstances have changed and you can no longer have them. It doesn't sound good.

christine e
25-05-2010, 05:42 AM
She sounds like trouble to me!

It's a small world
25-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Go with your gut instinct. If she's like this before lo even started can see that she might be difficult once they start.good luck .

carol cameron
25-05-2010, 06:43 AM
If you really need the money then it might be worth giving them a trial period but if not then it's not really a good sign if mum is being rude now.Gut instinct is great but sometimes I have had to go against mine cos I have been desperate for the income.Sorry, but that's reality.

Mookins
25-05-2010, 06:49 AM
i would take her on forthe trial, would tell hernothing its none of her business how much you earn and the sooner she knows that the better, she wouldnt ask a nursery how much they pulled in a week:mad:

best of luck hun

x x x

suzyblue
25-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Also make sure she has signed a contract and pays you from the date stated so she cant carry on messing you around.

miffy
25-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Don't think anyone has ever asked me those sort of questions!

Depends if you need the money or not but I'd say trust your instincts, I'm sure they're right!

Miffy xx

Chell
25-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Go with your gut instinct. If she's like this before lo even started can see that she might be difficult once they start.good luck .

I agree :p . Having taken on a child when my gut instinct was that that the parent was going to mess me around! I terminated after the first day. In future I will go with my gut instinct!

It's a small world
25-05-2010, 07:12 AM
I agree :p . Having taken on a child when my gut instinct was that that the parent was going to mess me around! I terminated after the first day. In future I will go with my gut instinct!

Me too went against gut feeling as it was first Mindee thought of income and that it might just be pre first Mindee nerves . I was wrong and shouldve gone with gut instinct parent messed me around and I terminated after one week !!!!!

Toothfairy
25-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Do you own your house or not? - None of her business!!
How much do you pay for your house? - None of her business!!
How much do you earn a week? - None of her business!!

She is rude, intrusive, nosey, unreliable and you haven't even started minding for her yet!

I'd give some excuse and get rid, go with you gut instinct.

She sounds like trouble.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Bushpig
25-05-2010, 08:04 AM
What a rude person!!!! I have NEVER been asked such intrusive questions :eek:
She will ring circles around you ... I wouldn't even bother with a trial period. She WILL NOT change btwn now and then.

misst104
25-05-2010, 08:51 AM
It's tricky isn't it, especially if it's a full time child but I am with the others. I had a lady round last week who I didn't feel happy with and also asked what others would do. I trust everyone on here to answer honestly and all said to go with gut feeling. I hope whatever you decide to do is the right thing :)

x jo

Ben10mad
25-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi.
Thanx for the replys, well i have decided to wait and see if she rings me for the following monday if she does i will go ahead as it it is a lot of money to turn down but if i dont feel its going well i will just terminate contract. I just felt intimerdated by her, she was a lot younger than me aswell.
will keep you all updated

thank you xxxx

Ripeberry
25-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Run for the hills! I don't think I would have even answered her, I would have asked her why she would need to know? If she replied to that then I would think she was ultra rude :mad:

Maybe she is trying to set up as a CM and wants to see how much money can be made out of it :rolleyes:

MAWI
25-05-2010, 12:37 PM
BEWARE OF PARENT springs to mind.
If you feel intimitated by her, you may regret it long term if issues arose and you could not talk to her or payment was not made etc....( working with parents) Trust your gut instinct is easier said than done especially if you need the money.
I would make it clear that its a trial period and also reinforce your payment policy etc...
I hope it all works out for you.

rickysmiths
25-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Do you own your house or not? - None of her business!!
How much do you pay for your house? - None of her business!!
How much do you earn a week? - None of her business!!

She is rude, intrusive, nosey, unreliable and you haven't even started minding for her yet!

I'd give some excuse and get rid, go with you gut instinct.

She sounds like trouble.

Good luck :thumbsup:

I agree with this.

I think we all forget sometimes that when a parent visits us with care in mind it is our interview as much as theirs. We are allowed to not like them as much as they are allowed to not like us or our setting.

Fortunately this has only happened to me a very few times in my career as a childminder. I ring a few days after the meeting (I always infer in an interview that I am seeing others and they will have to decide quickly) if I haven't heard or if they do what this woman has done to you and put back a start date but have not signed a contract, I tell them I'm very sorry I have filled the space or that my circumstances have changed and I no longer have the space they require.

The Juggler
25-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi.
Thanx for the replys, well i have decided to wait and see if she rings me for the following monday if she does i will go ahead as it it is a lot of money to turn down but if i dont feel its going well i will just terminate contract. I just felt intimerdated by her, she was a lot younger than me aswell.
will keep you all updated

thank you xxxx

well if you do hon, have an open conversation when you sit down to sign contracts. Tell her you were surprised by some of her questions when she came to visit, not the ones about your setting but the personal ones. Tell her that those are private details that you don't normally share. Tell her you are running a business and you want an open honest relationship about her child but that you find that questions about your income are intruding on your private life - liken it to you asking her salary!

Hopefully, that'll nip it in the bud. TBH she sounds like one of those that'l lbe thinkign you are raking it in and will question you every time you buy a new lamp for your house:laughing:

Ben10mad
25-05-2010, 01:14 PM
TBH she sounds like one of those that'l lbe thinkign you are raking it in and will question you every time you buy a new lamp for your house:laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing:
Yea most likely to be one of those.

It's a small world
25-05-2010, 01:31 PM
As mentioned previously it may seem alot of money but is it really worth the hassel when you feel uncomfortable before you've even started. I know it's easy to say you can terminate contract but what if she refuses to pay or is difficult etc. At the end of the day i would stay clear or I can see her questioning everything you say and do . Good luck with whatever you decide :thumbsup:

messyplay
25-05-2010, 07:30 PM
just two words "get rid"