PDA

View Full Version : could it have gone any worse??

kelly76x
12-12-2007, 10:39 PM
i still havent any mindees but a lady i did a day emergency cover ( her childminder was ill) came back this morning again her childminder was ill and asked me to do today and tomorrow i agreed dispite having backache as she was only b4 and after school i was so excited so i took her to school then came home and collasped in agony i had to call my mom who took me to A&E who admitted me and i had to have morphne for the pain, it wasent until the morphine kicked in did i think oh no my mindee i was in such a panic that my mom had to go to my home and get her contact details and try and call mom who was not answering ( she is a surgeon and in theatre) so thinking on my feet her usual childminder is a friend of mine my mom had to ring her and see how she was as she was better she managed to fetch her from school. then she managed to contact her mom who was happy with what i'd done and was very concerned about me i was so worried that she would be angry i'm so glad i was listening during my icp about having an emergency plan should i be taken ill myself. i do hope this mom comes back sometime i think i might have blew it. turned out to be renal colic so i have antibiotics but it has me worrying about being responsible for the children alone as i could have lost consousness or anything.

angeldelight
12-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Well what a day you have had Kelly

Hope you are feeling a little better now

At least you managed to get things sorted in the end even when you were feeling your worst so well done

Call mom and have a word with her and just explain I am sure she will be understanding

Get well soon

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
12-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I agree with angel, once you've explained things to the mum i'm sure she'll be understanding.

Get well soon hun, take it easy and get plenty of rest

xxx

LittleMissSparkles
13-12-2007, 09:19 AM
oh I do hope you are feeling alot better now, I am sure the parent will understnad, these things happen, and she did come back a second time so must have been happy with the care you gave her little one. Try not to worry about it

xxx

emler
13-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Oh poor you - sounds like you had a terrible time! You did everything you could and I'm sure the mum understands that.
Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Take care

Emler x

Polly2
13-12-2007, 10:09 AM
What a nightmare day!

I think you handled the situation brilliantly and the child was cared for that is the main thing.

And you have proved to yourself that you can handle an emergency situation - so well done

Hope you feel better soon

take care
hollyx

deb24
13-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Hope you start feeling better soon,your back is the worse pain ever.My husband slipped his disc a few years ago he was in agony!
Hope you get some kiddie winks soon.

kelly76x
13-12-2007, 05:45 PM
thank you all for your concerns yes i am feeling much better i took it easy today and hubby took the day off to do school runs ( that in it self shows how ill i was :laughing: )
i spoke to mom she was fine and glad i was better even said she was going to pop my payment in i told her for 1 hour not to worry especialy as how the day ended so hopefully she should be back.

Banana
03-01-2008, 07:04 PM
sorry i've only just seen this.

what a nightmare you must have had!

Glkad you got it sorted in the end though - shows you are responsible and level headed in emergency situations.

hope all is ok now

xx

Spangles
03-01-2008, 07:16 PM
I think you handled that all brilliantly, you should be really proud of yourself and I'm so glad that you started to feel better so quickly.

x

Rubybubbles
03-01-2008, 08:31 PM
i still havent any mindees but a lady i did a day emergency cover ( her childminder was ill) came back this morning again her childminder was ill and asked me to do today and tomorrow i agreed dispite having backache as she was only b4 and after school i was so excited so i took her to school then came home and collasped in agony i had to call my mom who took me to A&E who admitted me and i had to have morphne for the pain, it wasent until the morphine kicked in did i think oh no my mindee i was in such a panic that my mom had to go to my home and get her contact details and try and call mom who was not answering ( she is a surgeon and in theatre) so thinking on my feet her usual childminder is a friend of mine my mom had to ring her and see how she was as she was better she managed to fetch her from school. then she managed to contact her mom who was happy with what i'd done and was very concerned about me i was so worried that she would be angry i'm so glad i was listening during my icp about having an emergency plan should i be taken ill myself. i do hope this mom comes back sometime i think i might have blew it. turned out to be renal colic so i have antibiotics but it has me worrying about being responsible for the children alone as i could have lost consousness or anything.

Hope your feeling completely better now xx

Thats something I worry about too! Hubby works away now so he wouldn;t even know as not home for lunch