PDA

View Full Version : Gruffalo workshop

Tatia
24-05-2010, 05:14 PM
So, if you were planning to attend a Gruffalo story sack workshop, what sort of activities would you expect to see and do? :littleangel:

miffy
24-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Oh I thought you were giving us some ideas. Have a mindee who's very keen on the Gruffalo atm.

Miffy xx

Blaze
24-05-2010, 05:28 PM
http://www.gruffalo.com/section.php?s=html/gamesandactivities.html

Ideas above!:thumbsup:

sarah707
24-05-2010, 05:31 PM
All the animals as face masks... finger puppets to re-enact the story... key words or repeated phrases from the book for focus... mouse activities or other books featuring mice...

Songs featuring mice, owls, snakes - look on http://www.bigeyedowl.co.uk/ for inspiration.

I have a Maisy mouse story sack and the Gruffalo book is in there because it is mouse related so I would say look at that from the other angle... owl or snake books for example.

Depending on the ages of the children you can have fun with movement games... slither like a snake etc or sound games... hiss, twit twoo... what does the Gruffalo sound like?

Hth :D

Twinkles
24-05-2010, 05:42 PM
A Gruffalo workshop?

Why don't you know ? There's no such thing as a Gruffalo :laughing:

Tatia
24-05-2010, 06:15 PM
A Gruffalo? I've seen one of those.
His new favourite food is Twinkle toes!!!:laughing:

Oh I thought you were giving us some ideas. Have a mindee who's very keen on the Gruffalo atm.

Nope just trying to steal good ideas for next week!!! :blush:

Twinkles
24-05-2010, 06:59 PM
A Gruffalo? I've seen one of those.
His new favourite food is Twinkle toes!!!:laughing:

Like it :thumbsup: It is one of my favourite childrens books.

miffy
24-05-2010, 07:03 PM
http://www.gruffalo.com/section.php?s=html/gamesandactivities.html

Ideas above!:thumbsup:

Thank you for that Blaze!

Miffy xx

Tatia
01-06-2010, 05:58 PM
I've got some cute activities, thanks everyone.

We're gonna make Gruffalo Crumble! I've just bought some corn flakes, porridge oats, diced, dried fruit, hundreds and thousands, chocolate and golden syrup. Basically I'll just let the kids mix whatever they choose into a bowl and then add the chocolate melted with golden syrup for them to stir and put in cupcake papers.

I need to rest my voice tonight for the big storytelling session tomorrow! I do a fasntastic Gruffalo! :laughing:

AnnieM
01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I have just bought all the animal finger puppets from the puppet company and a Gruffalo toy, to make our story sack so will be putting lots of these ideas into practice. Love the Gruffalo crumble idea, may have to pinch that one, if that's ok?? :thumbsup:

Tatia
01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
ABsolutely fine!

bexcee
10-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Sounds great to me, wish I could come ;) I love the gruffalo almost as much as my three year old son :laughing:

Blaze
11-06-2010, 05:10 AM
I have just bought all the animal finger puppets from the puppet company and a Gruffalo toy, to make our story sack so will be putting lots of these ideas into practice. Love the Gruffalo crumble idea, may have to pinch that one, if that's ok?? :thumbsup:

Here's the receipe (from the site I gave a link for further up)!

http://www.gruffalo.com/upload/GRUFF_CRUMBLE_SHEET.pdf

Blaze
11-06-2010, 05:10 AM
I've got some cute activities, thanks everyone.

We're gonna make Gruffalo Crumble! I've just bought some corn flakes, porridge oats, diced, dried fruit, hundreds and thousands, chocolate and golden syrup. Basically I'll just let the kids mix whatever they choose into a bowl and then add the chocolate melted with golden syrup for them to stir and put in cupcake papers.

I need to rest my voice tonight for the big storytelling session tomorrow! I do a fasntastic Gruffalo! :laughing:

How did it go Tatia?

Tatia
11-06-2010, 06:02 AM
The workshop was fab, Blaze, thanks for asking. I started it off by doing an active story walk. I had cuddly toys for each of the characters and planted them along the garden path (the owl was in a tree, it was really cool). We walked as I read the story and the kids knew a lot of the lines and joined in with me.

I 'invented' my own Gruffalo crumble by giving them dry porridge oats, cornflakes, rice crispies, sprinkles and chopped dried fruit to mix as they saw fit and then added melted choc/golden syrup to stick it altogether. It was a big hit.

TammyN
11-06-2010, 07:04 AM
FAB IDEA'S :clapping: we watched the dvd last week, ashamed to say i had never read the book then went to wales last week and there was a shop with the gruffelo display in the window my dd(age 3) said wow look a gruffelo, hadn't realised she took that much interest until then so im working with her interests now and will build a story sack.
it is now a favourite by the way :thumbsup:

AnnieM
11-06-2010, 01:15 PM
We made the Gruffalo Crumble on Tuesday, it was a great hit, I didn't use a recipe as such we had sultanas (wrinkly knees), Cranberries (Purple Prickles), Dried Apricots (orange eyes), Green Sweets smarties and jellies (Poisonous Warts), mini marshmallows (terrible teeth), shortcake biscuit (terrible tusks and terrible claws), all mixed together with rice crispies for the crumble, milk chocolate and some dark chocolate (black tongue!! :D ) Wasn't quite sure how to go with the turned out toes though...... :rolleyes: The kids had a ball making it and an even better time eating it. :laughing:

Love the Gruffalo walk, will have to try that one day. :thumbsup: