PDA

View Full Version : Variation help please

Adiamond
24-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi, I currently look after a 2.5 year old and a 6 month old baby. I have just had a parent asking me to have her 6 month old baby from September (both babies will be 10 months old by then)
Now I know I can only have 1 under 1,
the new baby will be 3 days a week and current baby is 5 days a week what do you think my chances of a variation will be and how do I go about it?
I could really do with this work it would be such a shame to turn it down :( .
Thank you x x x

sandy64
24-05-2010, 01:10 PM
hi ring ofsted and ask them to email you a variation form then fill in electronically but i think you can only apply 6weeks before you need it?
you will have to fill in well your daily plan how you will look after all lo extra equipment you will need safety etc. you may get it but youve nothink to lose by trying good luck:)

HomefromHome
24-05-2010, 01:37 PM
it's a bit early to do now as said before - as long as you can prove how you will cope and what equipment you have (ie double buggy, with a buggy board on maybe for the toddler, car seats etc), then as you say they will both be a lot older as will your todddler (put down if they attend a nursery - will still count as an under 5 but all helps) - you never know - it just depends on the circumstances at the time. hth

carol cameron
24-05-2010, 08:31 PM
My understanding is that OFSTED will only do variations for continuity of care and not to take on new children. I have known childminders turned down when they are more than capable of having more than 1 child under 1 but you have nothing to lose by trying. Good luck.