PDA

View Full Version : code of conduct

juejue
22-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Just done our update on safe guarding and we was advised to do A code of conduct.....has anyone else got one. Also whistle blowing policies

The Juggler
22-05-2010, 06:35 PM
you would only really need this if you employed someone - possibly if you had an assistant. code of conduct would seem a good idea but the whisteblowing might be a bit much for someone employing only one assistant!

juejue
22-05-2010, 08:34 PM
we have not heard of childminders having a whistle blowing policy either, but there was some today on the course who have one and they work on their own. So has any one got a code of conduct. If so please have you an example

miffy
22-05-2010, 08:37 PM
No, I haven't got one

I googled it and came up with this

http://www.ealing.gov.uk/ealing3/export/sites/ealingweb/services/nonlgcl/childcare/_childcare_docs/childprotectionconduct.pdf

It might give you some ideas if you want to do your own

Miffy xx

juejue
22-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Thank you for that Miffy.........Not that I want to do one, its just more paper work for us to do. If no-one else seem's to have them, I may just give it a miss x

sarah707
22-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I went to a conference last year and listened to a speaker who was talking about writing a code of conduct.

She was talking more to group settings like nurseries and pre-schools where there are lots of employees.

As a childminder, I would say that your safeguarding procedure should talk about how you behave and act with children.

This then becomes like a code of conduct :D

miffy
22-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Thank you for that Miffy.........Not that I want to do one, its just more paper work for us to do. If no-one else seem's to have them, I may just give it a miss x

You're welcome - like Sarah says your safeguarding policy will most likely cover it. Who wants more paperwork than they need! :panic:

Miffy xx

Carol M
23-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Thank you again miffy!
The link is useful to me to use information in my college work.
Carol xx