PDA

View Full Version : Individual Learing Plans

murraymint
25-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Doning my NVQ 3 and i have to put in an ILP, never done one before, so i am asking for some help please. Does anybody have an example of one, or information of how they should be done.

Thank You.

nell57
26-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Hi the ones I use were put together by my assesser, she wanted to see information covering the these points

Area for development(physical, intelectual, emotional and social)
Acivities you have chosen
Why are they appropriate to the childs development levels
What observation method will I chose
What time scale will the observation be peformed in
How will you balance your attention between the child been observed and The other chilren in your setting
How you will ensure i am not disturbed and minimise distractions

Hope this helps but from what we have found each assesser have there different ways, yours might want to see different information

Helen:)

sarah707
26-03-2008, 08:03 AM
IEPs (individual education plans) are usually written by a SENCO or trained Keyworker with consultation from parents. They are intended to be implemented for children with specific needs who have certain targets to attain. They usually include a small number of simple tasks which the child should be encouraged and supported to follow and improve over a short period of time!

As a childminder, it is good practice to start with a plan of the day – put in what you usually do first... school runs, regular activities (meals, groups you visit, sleep / rest time, children’s arrival /departure times) and then plan the spaces. Remember, though, that routines have to be flexible and one of the joys of the job is spontaneous activities and the ability to drop everything and go out.

With IEPs, remember to keep them simple. It is amazing how many learning experiences are included during normal daily routines – even the school run can be made educational and used to help a child learn about road safety, stranger danger, getting exercise by skipping along, singing songs, watching the birds etc.

One of the main things about IEPs is that everyone should be working together – so whatever you plan should be based around what other settings are doing and should be simple steps towards a goal – not giant leaps to make the child better. Plan the step, use a range of normal, daily routine activities, observe, evaluate how it went and repeat... repetition is the key!

I wrote this for a course I did - hope it helps! :D

murraymint
26-03-2008, 08:08 PM
the information you have given is a great help, but what we have to do is make an individual learning plan for a child that has a learning difficulty, and show how we are planning for that individual child. I have never done one before and don't know what one looks like, any help is a god send. Got my last assessment tomorrow just typing up my plan now, struggling on the K's on unit 305, be glad when it finished.

Trouble
26-03-2008, 08:10 PM
i have done my nvq3 but im must of been asleep when i did that bit:laughing: :laughing:

murraymint
26-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Don't blame you wish i could sleep, the thing is if i can do this plan it covers most of 305. What did you do for 337.1.2. or did you do another unit.

murraymint
26-03-2008, 08:24 PM
sorry see this is what this course is doing to me, the learning plan is for unit 337, not 305 to much flipping papers on the desk.

Trouble
26-03-2008, 08:28 PM
my added ones were 316/ 320 i wanted to do the sen ones but they wouldnt let me

until i had sen kids::angry: :angry: :angry:

Trouble
26-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Don't blame you wish i could sleep, the thing is if i can do this plan it covers most of 305. What did you do for 337.1.2. or did you do another unit.

hang on for 5 i will have a look on my comp to see if its still their:idea:

Trouble
26-03-2008, 08:33 PM
i must of wiped it all of and my folders in the attic

nell57
26-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I had to use ILPs for 303 on the 6 month child study part.

my assessor is coming on Fri to do professional discussion then will be handing in 303 & 305 to be signed off (hopefully)

Good luck with yours tomorrow

Helen

murraymint
26-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Thank you both, now i had better get down to some work or she will think i am lazy, but this is sort of true in the sense that i can't be bothered with it any more.

Trouble
26-03-2008, 08:43 PM
dont forget when she asseses you that covers certain ones so ask her which ones so you dont do it twice:panic: :panic:

Alibali
27-03-2008, 01:41 PM
I did this for SVQ 111, I assume its similar only colder cos we're in Scotland!! Anyway just to say that if the information is to be shared with assessor to get parental consent too. Good luck.

Ali :)