PDA

View Full Version : Another SEF question

little_gems
21-05-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm trying to write my SEF i've brought sarah's e-book but....
In section 3 The quality of provision.
What on earth am i ment to write for : on the basis of your eveluation, what are your priorities for improvment??

Please can someone help me
Thanks

sarah707
21-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Where do you want to be by this time next year?

What improvements are you intending to make?

What changes might you bring in... to the house, garden, food, resources, training etc.

How might you change what you do to benefit the children? :D

little_gems
21-05-2010, 10:38 AM
thats what i thought it was but i just dont no where i want to be??? if you'd asked me this time last year i had a whole development plan but ive just finished completing everything on it. So now i'm stuck really.

huggableshelly
21-05-2010, 11:36 AM
in 12 months time you would like to complete courses that cover EYFS, behaviour managment and how to humour parents then getting them to pay triple fees on a regular basis (umm ok not sure about the last one but still).

You would like to look at replacing the windows and doors in your home taking into consideration of having wider openings to accomodate wheelchairs.

You would like to redesign the garden to make room for a digging area where the children can freely dig, plant and play in a safe manner whilst discovering minibeasts and other creatures that may visit the garden.

You plan to update all of your polices and review all of your risk assessments by blah 2011

little_gems
21-05-2010, 12:09 PM
thats the thing ive just completed my level 3,had nearly £9,000 to improve outdoors and resources, my husband now works full time with me. I've got the house looking how i wanted it for working in.

So all i've put so far is that i want to continue to going on training course's and review all policys and procedures. (i'll show my inspector last years improvment plan.)

Do you think that'll be alright? Or should i just write what was on last years improvment plan???

Millenium
21-05-2010, 02:55 PM
You would be surprised how little I wrote in this section - just 6 lines - and that didn't deter Ofsted from grading me outstanding a couple of weeks ago.............my inspector made it clear that they will only expect to see lots of action plans for a childminder just starting out in the profession.