1 bay leaf
1.5 tbsp Milk
50ml vegetable stock
25g frozen peas
50g grated Cheddar cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.

2. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the potatoes, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with the milk and half butter until smooth. Season for babies over one.

3. Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add the onion and sauté until softened. Add the flour and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Gradually stir in the milk and then the stock. Bring to the boil and cook for one minute.

4. Add the fish with the parsley and bay leaf. Simmer for about 3 minutes and then stir in the peas and cook for one minute. Remove the bay leaf and stir in the cheese until melted. Season with a little salt and pepper.

5. Divide the fish between 3 ramekin dishes and top with the mashed potato. Brush with the lightly beaten egg. Heat through in the oven for about 15 minutes and finish off for a few minutes under a preheated grill until golden.

6. Use vegetables to make a face on the pies before serving.

Cook's note: these pies are suitable for babies from 10 months. Extra portions can be frozen.

Twinkles
25-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Sounds scrummy. I wouldn't know any of the measurements for any of my recipies. I just chuck in what I think looks right :thumbsup:

angeldelight
25-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah I am the same

I found some scales the other day I did not even know I owned any haha

Always have just guessed

Angel xx

crazybones
26-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Sounds yummy. Would have to keep the peas separate. Made fish pie with sweetcorn in last week and Will kept spitting out the sweetcorn, which he normally loves and making a little pile at the side of his plate. Then he ate them separately :mad:

angeldelight
26-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah some of my children do the same Annie

Angel xx

miffy
26-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Thanks Angel

miffy xx

deeb66
26-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Yummy

Thanks Angel :thumbsup: