PDA

View Full Version : Hourly rate increase

sarah32
21-05-2010, 07:56 AM
I passed my Quality First at the beginning of the year and passed my NVQ Level 3 a couple of weeks ago.

I want to put my rate up to fall in line with other childminders in my area as felt i couldnt charge the same rate as only just become a childminder.

Its now 3 years down the line, ive completed all this training and feel i should be on the same rate.

Thats where im stuck, doing my notice to parents and not sure if to put a reason why im increasing it and how to put it.

Help please, my notice looks a little short:(

rickysmiths
21-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Its always a difficult one. I am about to consider a rate increase as I haven't had one for 4yrs.

I normally state that as they know I haven't increased my fees for xxxyrs and that as there has been a large rise in the cost of heating , petrol and food in that time. I have now reached a point relutantly, where I have got to increase my fees to reflect these increases of costs in providing the high quality service they are used to receiving.

Oh forgot to say in the past I have done increases at the beginning of the year but I do have in my Policies and on my contracts that I reserve the right to increase my fees with immmediate effect if the economic climate changes and it has a significant effect on the running of my business and the care and safety of the children I care for. I normally give at least 4 weeks notice of a change.

sarah707
21-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Good advice there from ricky.

After not having put my fees up for a while and having one family asking for a reduction (!!) I have now changed my fees policy and up they all go, in September every year from now on...

:D

huggableshelly
21-05-2010, 09:45 AM
mine are going up in sept, i gave all parents 12 months notice on the understanding that new fees will be put in place at contract reviews which has allowed me to put some up over easter, all new comers on on the higher rate and others will be on the higher rate by sept so those who are holiday only will get the usual rate this summer then upped for next hols.

I worded mine stating that I have not increased me fees for 5 years and due to the price of petrol, resources and training fees I feel the need to increase fees from **** to **** per hour as from sept 2010 or sooner if contracts are renewed due to change of hourse/days. If anyone has a problem with this then please let me know.

Comments back from parents have been, oohhhhhhh ok no worries, you are still cheaper than other cm's. Or did you know the afterschool club will then be a cheaper option but we still want to keep using you ... adding a guilt trip there that ofcourse I played dumb too!

TheBTeam
21-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I am a bit of a chicken at upping my rates, so i set them at a rate that i can live with for the length of time i think i will have the child, either till starting at school or going off to senior school for the schoolies.

miffy
22-05-2010, 08:56 PM
If you haven't put your fees up for three years then it shouldn't come as a shock when you do - food and fuel costs have risen a lot during that time.

I always give the same amount of notice as on my contracts as effectively you are terminating the existing contract.

Miffy xx

beerheaven
22-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I have always increased my fees every April -say an additional 10 or 15p an hour.

As the parents know there will be an increase I have never had any problems! :)