PDA

View Full Version : Proud to say I'm a childminder - we should all be proud

rharrison43140
20-05-2010, 07:47 PM
I don't wear power suits, make speeches or drive a fancy sports car.
I've never made a big sale, or been elected to the local government.
I don't "do lunch", have a big impressive office or carry a beeper.

I spend my days wiping away tears, giving hugs and serving chicken nuggets.
A good day is when I go a whole nine hours without a temper tantrum, bite mark or toilet training accident.

My office is a room full of brightly coloured toys and laughing children.

You may not think that what I do is very important and you may even whisper behind my back "what a waste of a good mind" but I know better.

I make a difference because I'm changing the world one child at a time.
Everyday I'm getting a once in a lifetime chance to touch the future.

I'M PROUD TO SAY "I'M A CHILDMINDER".

Found this poem on http://childmindinguk.tripod.com/ advertising a lady named Donna's home daycare. I just thought it was fantastic and sums up exactly what childminders are about.
I'm proud. Are you?! xxxxx :clapping: :laughing: :thumbsup:

TammyN
20-05-2010, 07:50 PM
i like this :thumbsup:

im proud too :clapping:

Mookins
20-05-2010, 07:57 PM
aaaw thats lovely

i will be proud

x x x

RachelE
20-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I am very proud to be a childminder! :thumbsup:

But, I think some of the words on the poem aren't enirely arrpopriate - just my opinion! :blush:
- I dont feed my mindees - or children chicken nuggets and dont refer to outbursts as temper tantrums!

JMO!

Rachel x

rharrison43140
20-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Lol! From one Rachel to another Rachel! Lol! I do know what you mean :blush: . I found this on another website and thought I would share the original. I'm like you - mine don't have temper tantrums and don't eat nuggets etc but the overall point of the poem and being proud of who we are and what we do made me smile! And I thought I'd share it for that reason - I would adapt it slightly for my own setting though! :) xx

Ripeberry
20-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm loving it at the moment. My almost 20month old mindee (had him 9 months now) is very interested in bugs and will spend ages trying to pick up ants.
Brings memories flooding back of when I was a child doing the same thing. I like watching little people learning about the world :)

green puppy
20-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Nothing wrong with chicken nuggets, I make my own!:) Great poem though, I love my job, spent the morning and afternoon in the garden bug hunting, green bean planting and water play with funnel bubbles. Lo's loved it!

Carol M
21-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Oh yes, I'm very proud of what I do but I would be happy if we were known as something else. "Childminder "still just does not portray the true meaning of our job.
Carol:(

Mollymop
21-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Aww that's very good!

miffy
21-05-2010, 07:24 AM
I spend my days wiping away tears, giving hugs and serving chicken nuggets.
A good day is when I go a whole nine hours without a temper tantrum, bite mark or toilet training accident.

Nice poem but better without this bit!

Miffy xx

christine e
21-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Good point there don't always assume that chicken nuggetts are shop bought - I too sometimes make my own and the children eat them!

But yes we should all be proud of what we do and the difference we make:thumbsup:

Cx

sandy64
21-05-2010, 07:35 AM
yes like that a you sumed up a days work without the chicken nuggets tho lol:laughing: :laughing:

marzi
21-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Oh yes, I'm very proud of what I do but I would be happy if we were known as something else. "Childminder "still just does not portray the true meaning of our job.
Carol:(

Home-based childcare professional!