PDA

View Full Version : Nerves

Kel04
20-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi

Does anyone else get really nervous when meeting prospective parents. I absolutely dread it and always have a restless night prior to meetings. I get completely tongue-tied during meetings even though I have everything prepared etc (always have notes in front of me) :blush:
I'm currently looking for placements at the moment because my full-timer's mum was dismissed from her job so she has terminated her contract with immediate effect!!! :( I dread the phone ringing but know I have to get through it for income's sake !!!:o

miffy
20-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I used to but not so much now.

I find it easier if I can give the parent my paperwork to look through and concentrate on playing with the lo. Parents often want to see how you interact with their child and if you can also show them photos of the sorts of things you do with the children then conversation often flows from that.

I think your idea of a crib sheet is great, you can make sure you've covered everything.
Hope the phone rings soon. :)

Miffy xx

sarah707
20-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm not as bad as I used to be but I still remember that awful feeling when you think you are coming out with complete drivel :laughing:

A sheet of things to talk about is definitely a good idea, as is a Kalms tablet before they arrive.

Good luck with the next interview :D

mum26
20-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm getting better but still don't like it. I try to put myself in the parents shoes and it must be just as difficult for them - I know I would find it very hard to decide where to place my child.

Good luck with finding some more mindees.

breezy
20-05-2010, 08:19 PM
It gets easier, but I still dont enjoy it !!

bexcee
20-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I feel the same and know I have to go through with it! I often forget what I need to tell them about so a prompt sheet is a good idea. I get all my paperwork ready and then often forget to show them :rolleyes: Good luck, hope you soon get your space filled

Kel04
25-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Glad I'm not the only one then :(

Still waiting for the phone to ring; hpefully soon!!! :panic:

Twinklestars
25-05-2010, 10:58 AM
I've been really lucky that the 2 I have had already decided to use me, one is a neighbour and the other is my sons friend but I was still nervous meeting them to discuss payment etc!

The Juggler
25-05-2010, 01:09 PM
always! should be better after nearly 6 years but it's not :)