PDA

View Full Version : sure start grant

tt1312
20-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Got letter today from council, stating that the grant was going to end in march, but for the time being it is still on going.

I would be able to receive, the quality start pack, which includes liability insurance etc etc, there is also, a quality and access grant avaliable for now, which allows you the choice of 2 toy options, wooden blocks/town, truck/people or a 'mindstretchers' pack of outside nature/insect tools.

The annoying bit is i am a long way off from registration, and will possibly lose the chance to get it how frustrating.

Can i send my medical and CRB forms off before sending Ofsted the registration forms?

Also what would i have to have before sending off Reg forms (paperworkfirst aid) even if it means i aint quite ready to take the kids on, if that makes sense.

i already have 2 children waiting on my registartion to mind them in school holidays.

Thanks for any help

Twinklestars
20-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi, Ofsted send off the CRB forms at the pre reg, they come out and check your id then take them away to send off, if you have the medical form maybe get it taken in now as some can be quite slow (and charge a lot v- mine was£85) - i get mine to leave it at reception and i sent it off with my Ofsted forms so that they were all together and couldn't get lost.

I think you can be booked on to a first aid course/be doing it when ofsted come if you haven't done it already but I think they have to know you've done it before you get your certificate but this would give you a few weeks maybve while your crbs go through.

HTH x

tt1312
20-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Thank you,
Will get medical form in to doctors, i am due to do first aid in middle of july.

David
20-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Ofsted have changed crb rules. They no longer take them away on inspection, you have to send them away yourself after you have got them verified (proof of identity etc) by a responsible person.

Twinklestars
20-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Ofsted have changed crb rules. They no longer take them away on inspection, you have to send them away yourself after you have got them verified (proof of identity etc) by a responsible person.

sorry, didn't know, this has changed since dec then!!

tt1312
20-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Does that mean i can send CRB forms off now or do i still have to wait?