PDA

View Full Version : risk assessments advice needed please help

kimberley123
20-05-2010, 10:01 AM
hi guys advice please
just starting childminding in feb and trying to get my risks up to date here it goes in one folder i have policey which are with others
i have one folder for risk assements
what ive done
daily risk that i tick every day ( a table chart cleanign and risk checks

ive got a risk assment on walking to school parks and local shops in one i have dated it at the top ( last montth in march ) and put a space for other dates ( when do i need to sign it?

then ive done one outings so far we been to park so done this on that i typed it up with date was it safe ect what i took and so and so the risks on it ect ive dated it ( what i want to know is do i do a fresh one for each time we go here? ( also encluded how we get there ect amd a space for singutre
we go here a lot you see
done one for a play centre to

also fire drills doing this weekly check and every so often we will teach the kdis to do it monthy ?
i have a sheet to sign smoke alram and carbon and fridge and sign it daily
am i on track with the risks? :panic:

Straws
20-05-2010, 10:16 AM
You dont have to write a new risk assessment every time you go to the same place, all you do is review it every so often date it and sign it and make changes to your risk assessment when they occur, such as in the park if a new piece of equipment is installed you would add that to your RA. Fire drills do once a month unless a new child starts then do one then. smoke alarms I check weekly, I dont have tick lists for daily checks I think its pointless and a waste of paper lol. I do visual checks before children arrive.

Straws xx

kimberley123
20-05-2010, 10:19 AM
hi whats a ra ? sorry im new! x
thats fab info thank you

Straws
20-05-2010, 11:10 AM
RA= risk assessment here is a good example of risk assessments www.bristol-cyps.org.uk/early/pdf/childminders-risk-assessment.pdf