PDA

View Full Version : donno what to do for the best

emmadines
20-05-2010, 09:53 AM
just had a phone call from "mum" shes not very happy, mindee P kicked of aganist DD this morning, dd (ages 4) was just standing there saying "pop, po etc" mindee P was shouting at her to shut up... I ignored them. anyway mindee P has kicked off on the way to preschool and "Mum" has called and said that shes arranged for a friend to have him instead of me today and we will play by ear about tomorrow.

I have posted about this mindee before....

bexcee
20-05-2010, 10:01 AM
What is it that she's not happy about? Sounds like her little one was in the wrong??

emmadines
20-05-2010, 10:07 AM
previous post

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=57002

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58379

not sure what to do for the best

bexcee
20-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Sorry hadn't seen your previous threads. It sounds to me like it might be a blessing in disguise if the mum decides not to send her little one any more.
I always put my children and their needs first, the main reason that I childmind is so that I can be at home with my youngest and be able to pick my oldest two up from school everyday. I now have a rule that I will only childmind children that are younger than my own as that is what works best at our house.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

miffy
20-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Can you afford to do without this mindee? If so I'd give notice. Although it does sound as though mum may be thinking of doing the same.

After a bad experience many years ago with one child who was older than my ds I've only looked after children who were younger than them - it saved a lot of problems.

Hope you get it sorted quickly

Miffy xx

emmadines
20-05-2010, 11:25 AM
i wouldn't be in dire straits if i did but it would be handy if had him over the school holidays if that makes sense. I do feel Like I haven't done something, donno what tho....

emmadines
20-05-2010, 04:05 PM
well Ive just had a text message saying "i think we need to chat" - think I know what's coming :S

hes a lovely little boy with so much character but its touch and go as to weather him and my DD get on..... I am starting to think its best for all involved!

Alibali
20-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Ah well, hopefully something better will come along.

emmadines
20-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Notice has been given by mum... she asked to only give 1 weeks notice :angry: obviously my income don't matter

Mookins
20-05-2010, 05:45 PM
whats in her contracts?she cant decide your business rules hun
dont be walked over

x x

emmadines
20-05-2010, 05:54 PM
well, mum called me and I explained that I have to run it as a business and although she is my friend I have to keep that separate... I said I dont want to fall out and I can fully understand where she is coming from, anyway, she has agreed and is paying me 3 weeks starting next week. but mindee wont becoming no more.

Mookins
20-05-2010, 06:00 PM
thats good then, you still getting your money, some people will try anything

best of luck with all your advertising
you will now get loads of offers
xx x x

little_gems
20-05-2010, 07:15 PM
glad you have got it sorted.

Hope something comes along very quickly

bexcee
20-05-2010, 10:24 PM
:) At least you know where you stand now, hope it won't effect your friendship and that you soon fill the space

emmadines
20-05-2010, 10:35 PM
:) At least you know where you stand now, hope it won't effect your friendship and that you soon fill the space

no I dont think it will, its why things have been called to an end, I think its for the best to be truthful, things were generally getting me down and Ive really felt trapped in a job that over the last month Ive not enjoyed... Ive decided that I will only be having before and after schoolers, mainly because it was getting too much mon - fri 6.30 am - 6pm then having to see to my kids, cook, clean and then get the paperwork done... and also come September, if old mrs lucks on my side I will be sitting in a college studying...