PDA

View Full Version : need help wording this please!!!!!!!!

Adiamond
20-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Morning everyone, I got a letter regarding the Early Years Capital Grant on Tuesday asking me to fill in a form if I am interested in receiving some funding for my setting.
I wasn't sure what to put on this form as there is soooo much I haven't got and would love, so I contacted my co-ordinator yesterday , she came out to see me and asked to think about what I would benefit from most and I said more floor space, as at the minute I use my narrow extension off the kitchen which is fine if there is only me and 2 mindees but throw in my 2 and my 2 after schoolies a little squashed to say the least :(
So my co-ordinator said well ask for a conservatory then :eek: she said if you don't ask you don't get and last time this grant went around everyone pretty much got what they asked for including conservatories and extensions !!

My form asks me what I would like and it asks, what difference will this grant make to the delivery of the EYFS that would be unachievable without it?

Now this is where I am NO GOOD I am rubbish at wording things :blush:
My CO said to get my EYFS books out and pick out phrases that will sound good on the form to link it to why having more floor space will benefit my mindees in the EYFS.

Please can someone please point me in the right direction with this PLEASE? :blush:

I hope this all make sense to you.
Thank you x x x

Tippy Toes
20-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Sorry Im from Wales so no help!

Just wanted to say good luck, wish I could get funding for a conservatory!!!

Adiamond
20-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Please anyone??? :blush: :blush: :blush: x x x x x

cuffleygirl
20-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Enabling room for self expression? 'Movement and Space' Room to offer adaption of an activity for children of a variety of ages, quiet area. Opportunity to observe nature (the garden)?

Those are for starters.

Adiamond
22-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Thanks cuffygirl those are exactly the things I was looking for :) x x x

miffy
22-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Have a look at the enabling environments bit of the eyfs pack and look for some phrases that they use to link in.

You could mention more space for storage of equipment and resources allowing the children to self-select what they want to play with more easily.

Linking the outdoor and indoor environments together with free-flow play to the outdoor space

Miffy xx

Adiamond
22-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Fantastic, I have looked at the enabling evironments section, I just need to put it all together to sound right that's the bit I am rubbish at lol :rolleyes: x

mum26
22-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Think this is more or less what the others have said; but how about the benefits it would provide for your continuous provision. You would be able to have more areas of different types of resources which could be linked to the EYFS.