PDA

View Full Version : No show again and no message

louise
25-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi, Ok so the little boy started last mon. He came mon and tues. tues i got a text saying that her day off had been changed to thurs so i wouldn't be needed on wed(swap) on Thurs i waited for 15 mins as i had to pick my son up from preschool. i texted after 5 mins and then phoned and left a message. I never heard anything so at 6.30 i phoned her mum as i still got no answer from her phone. Sorry its the 18 year old mum im ment to be joint care with nan.

Mindees mum texted at 7.30 long story cut short. She had been texting another Louise all day. Her work called and said that the trainees didnt need to come in as the person training them was ill. I had spoken to her on the phone about it all. She also knows that i am giving up my fri at my other job(im still doin sats).

She came round on Fri and paid next week as she had got paid. She texted Mon night to check if she was short, was by £2. and in text i said my Ds was upset her son didn't stay on fri. She replyed 'aww bless well hell be there tom. c u tomz'

Now today, She hasn't turned up or replied to a call or text.

Shall i give her another chance? today phone didnt even ring. I would love for it to work. i have already had to buy a travel cot and high chair. I'm looking forward to leaving my job on the fri also my son starts school in sept so i need to of left by then.

God this is long. Do i assume that she is going to be a nightmare on contact?
Lou

sarah707
25-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Looks that way! :(

If it carries on like this, you're going to have to sit her down and tell her that she can't just leave you not knowing... you've got plans to make and food to buy and budget for... etc.

Get tough! :D

miffy
25-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Gosh i could hardly keep up with all the changes to these arrangements and you've only been looking after the child for one week!

I hate to say it but mum doesn't seem very reliable and you may finish up chasing her to find out when the child is coming and when you are getting paid

It's up to you what you do but you haven't got off to a good start

Good luck

miffy xx

angeldelight
25-03-2008, 08:41 PM
To be honest not sure that I would want to give her a chance now

I think she seems a real pain already

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Angel xx

crazybones
25-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I dont really know what to say, other than she is only 18 and I think you may need to get tough with her. It probably hasnt even occurred to her that you need to know exactly where you stand minding and money wise. :rolleyes: Best of luck.

Banana
25-03-2008, 08:44 PM
mmm...

think maybe you should have a chat with her (if she does get back in touch).

I would be careful though as some people are just time wasters :(

Good luck with it and let us know what happens

xx

Alibali
25-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I think she may not even know this is an issue, the youngest of my parents is a bit similar in that she 'forgets' to tell me when she doesn't need me and expects me th know when she does. Its probably just immaturity and a stern talking to may work

Good luck,

Ali :)

louise
25-03-2008, 08:56 PM
You are saying what part of me is thinking. She did pay early i didnt mind her being £2. short as i would of mentioned it today.

I know that she has been finding it hard to her her head round things as in the last few weeks she has moved out of mums got a job and got a childminder. The kid is so easy going. I think i may have agood chat and make sure she know that im to be told. I did text her saying ' if im not having x i need to know as soon as you know. This is the 2nd time i have waited in. I will always reply to texts amd my phone is always on.'

angeldelight
25-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Have a chat with her Louise see if you can sort something out

Good luck

Angel xx

louise
25-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Ali thats what im also thinking aswell. She manages to let her mum know not to pick up but i think she goes over there so i assume thats how she find out. I guess her thinking is i still pay so it doesn't matter if i know or not.

miffy
25-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Hope you get it sorted

miffy xx

berkschick
25-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Its a shame you have got off to a bad start with this Mum.

Unfortunately, I dont think it will get any better but it is worth having a good chat with the Mum and giving her another chance.

Michelle M
26-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Hope you get it sorted out with her :)

deeb66
26-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I agree with the others.

Sit down have a chat with her and try to iron things out.

Good luck

Let us know how you get on.

louise
26-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks everyone. Think of me at 11.30 tom. I phoned again today and it went straight to voice mail left a message. I've decided that if she doesn't turn up tom and doesnt let me know ill phone her if no answer her mum and say i dont want to carry on. I really don't want to as i want to leave my other job on a fri but i can't be messed about. To be honest the 11.30 start is a pain. I'm having to arange friends to come to ours during half term os of it.

Lou

angeldelight
27-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Thinking of you this morning

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
27-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Hope you manage to get things sorted out. Let us know what happens.

devoncm
27-03-2008, 01:17 PM
I hope things have got better for you today. I have a young mum, i only have her son once or twice a week for about 3 hours, she pays as he comes at the moment because she not working, but she can be forgetful, first time she came i told her that i would be going toddler group and she never brought him a coat, the next time was ok but she left no teething things to help his gums so he cried lots, she always leaves some thing behind, this week was his shoes. we arranged a day next for him to come and she says that tuesday is fine with her so i had to remind her that tuesady is actually his 1st birthday so would she like another day instead- who forgets your childs birthday?? i only wish shed give more hours.

louise
27-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Thank you.
Well yeat again no show! So i phoned 10mins later as i have to leave to pick my ds up. It rang through to voice mail. I left a message again. She then texted back a few mins later saying sorry lot on mind phone broke and i have a new one blah blah blah. She wanted to phone me later when SHE had time to. I told her she could now. She said later? I said yes but tell me am i needed or not. Turns out her job didnt work out she is looking for a new one and hopes i can have her son when she does find one. She nearly got chucked out of her emergancy accomindation due to rent. Said sorry for messing you around.

So now thats that sorted she asked twice that she hopes her son can come back in the end i said let me know but i will not keep the place open.

Its a shame as the kid was great but like i said start time of 11.30 was a pain don't drive so going anywhere would be fun. I'm annoyed that i might be havong to ask work if i can stay on a fri after the hassel i had getting my hours reduced BUT i texted my other mindees mum as she is looking for a full time job to see if she might need me soon. Today she is in another branch of her p/t job and they had offered her a full time one there she wasn't sure this morning. She has replied with prob in next 2 weeks just getting a deff yes(she wont mess me about).

Thanks for the advice this forum is great would of given up a long time ago with out it.
Lou

crazybones
27-03-2008, 01:50 PM
What a pain. Hope your other mum comes through for you now you have given your Friday job up. I have one that comes at 11.30 - really messes the day up but you got to take them while you can. Best of luck. :D

louise
27-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Yahay other mum has come through for me. She is swapping shops might have to start at 7.45 which is only 15 mins earlier i have always said if she wants me f/t i need a 40p and hour increase as i don't want to work a 6 day week. So i will be leaving my shop job for good at long last.

Lou

LittleMissSparkles
27-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Yahay other mum has come through for me. She is swapping shops might have to start at 7.45 which is only 15 mins earlier i have always said if she wants me f/t i need a 40p and hour increase as i don't want to work a 6 day week. So i will be leaving my shop job for good at long last.

Lou

thats great news Lou especially after other mum messing you around xxx

crazybones
27-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Brilliant :clapping: Glad everything has turned out so well.

deeb66
27-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Glad to hear that it has all worked out for you!

miffy
27-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Sounds like you've had a bit of a roller-coaster ride today but so pleased that it's all turned out well for you.

When do you start with the new hours/days?

Good luck anyway

miffy xx

louise
27-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Mums going to check with the shop first to when she can swap should be in next few weeks. I was already finishing fri's next week so i'm leaving that as it is then i will hand in my full notice prob in a few weeks.

I am so looking forward to having weekends again. I went back to work on fri and sat's when our son was 9 months old and it has been hell trying to fit everything we need to do on a sun for the last 3 years.

angeldelight
27-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes you are going to love your weekends again I know I did when I stopped working them

Enjoy

Angel xx

Tatia
27-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I know what ya mean. I had a Saturday job at local bakery for over 2 years. But then my childminding picked up and I was able to give it up. It is so nice to have week ends again! I do work every third Saturday for 2 children but it's a piece of cake compared to the bakery and I can just take them with me. Good luck!