PDA

View Full Version : Working out holidays

snufflepuff
19-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Just wondering- if for example you take 4 weeks unpaid holiday a year (and like me you work out peoples fees to account for this, so they pay a set fee each month rather than paying less when you take hols) do you work it out so that you take the right amount of days per child? eg mindee comes 2 days a week therefore you take 8 days hol a year on thier days. (4 weeks=20 days, divide y 5 days a week and multiply by the amount of days per week child attends)
Does that make sense?
I dont want to be taking too much or too little holiday, and it is getting complicated when each mindee does a different combination of days!

monkey62
19-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Sorry I can't help... I don't charge anything for my holiday.

francinejayne
19-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Just wondering- if for example you take 4 weeks unpaid holiday a year (and like me you work out peoples fees to account for this, so they pay a set fee each month rather than paying less when you take hols) do you work it out so that you take the right amount of days per child? eg mindee comes 2 days a week therefore you take 8 days hol a year on thier days. (4 weeks=20 days, divide y 5 days a week and multiply by the amount of days per week child attends)
Does that make sense?
I dont want to be taking too much or too little holiday, and it is getting complicated when each mindee does a different combination of days!

Yes I'm trying to do this?! Headache!!!

I think if anything I won't take enough hols though, so parents will benefit.

green puppy
19-05-2010, 09:48 PM
If you don't charge for your hols and you are working fees out over 12 months to get a set monthly amount then you should be working out each mindee's weekly fee x it by 48 weeks ( having taken off your 4 weeks ) and divide it by 12. I don't understand why you would need to work out days, it's the same isn't it?

The Juggler
19-05-2010, 09:59 PM
I pro-rate my holiday like this. So yes instead of 20 days it'd be say only 8, or you could say it's still 4 weeks holiday but of course you only take 2 days in each week.