PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Caterpillar toys at Home Bargains

Mouse
19-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I nipped into Home Bargains earlier on & picked up these Eric Carle finger puppets for 99p each. They're lovely - so much nicer than the picture :clapping:

http://www.peanutgallerygifts.com/woofercafipu.html

Heaven Scent
19-05-2010, 07:35 PM
How much were they - I feel a trip to Home Bargains coming on!!!

francinejayne
19-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Ooh i hope they've got some at mine on Friday which is the next time I can get there!

catswhiskers
19-05-2010, 09:38 PM
I've never heard of Home Bargains. Where are u all based? I would like to get some of these as I'm doing the hungry caterpillar trek now, drawings, books, caterpillars etc.

ZoeAlli
19-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Think I might have to take a trip there tomorrow if I get chance! Thank you for posting Mouse.:)

PixiePetal
19-05-2010, 09:47 PM
No home bargains for miles around :(

maybe you higher up in the country should buy up all the stock and sell it to us southerners :laughing: :rolleyes:

hello kitty
20-05-2010, 05:54 AM
No home bargains for miles around :(

maybe you higher up in the country should buy up all the stock and sell it to us southerners :laughing: :rolleyes:

Now there's a business opportunity! ;)

miss mopple
20-05-2010, 06:22 AM
Oooh they are lovely but I don't have a Home Bargains near me either :(

If any kind soul fancied picking me up a set and posting I'd be ever so grateful :) It would make a great addition to my story sack.

TammyN
20-05-2010, 06:42 AM
I nipped into Home Bargains earlier on & picked up these Eric Carle finger puppets for 99p each. They're lovely - so much nicer than the picture :clapping:

http://www.peanutgallerygifts.com/woofercafipu.html

these are fab, hope they have some in my local going this morning to have a look :clapping:

miffy
20-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Thanks Mouse - I'm going in on saturday - hope they've got some left!

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
20-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Been thinking and -

If anyone could get me a set I would be willing to pay with postage, they can't be that heavy!

PLEASE? :blush: :D

ajs
20-05-2010, 06:58 AM
i am going to go into town today so will buy some sets if they have any in.
can you let me know who wants any and i am happy to post.
m xx

sweets
20-05-2010, 06:59 AM
i am going at weekend. if they have got some i will pick a few up and let you know. :)

angiemog
20-05-2010, 07:07 AM
I would love a set too... let me know how much. Thank you x

sandy64
20-05-2010, 07:12 AM
home bargains and b&m bargains are the same owners now so for those who dont have a home bargains do you have b&m? worth a try i will go saturday i love them shops:laughing:

Chell
20-05-2010, 07:20 AM
I'll have a look on Saturday and get some extra if I can.

KarenM
20-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Yes please! If someone can let me know how much I can send the money through paypal.

michellethegooner
20-05-2010, 08:17 AM
if someone could get me some PLEASEEEEEEEEEE and pm me I will sort out payment & p&p

cherry
20-05-2010, 08:21 AM
I'd love a set, if someone wouldn't mind posting one to me, pretty please:)

TammyN
20-05-2010, 10:19 AM
IM GUTTED :( there are none by me, been to 2 home & bargins and they don't have them. lady siad they are down south only?????

if anyone does buy bulk i would love a set posting and i will pay whatever(within reason :laughing: )pplease pm me, ii really want a set :angry:

miffy
20-05-2010, 10:35 AM
IM GUTTED :( there are none by me, been to 2 home & bargins and they don't have them. lady siad they are down south only?????

:

Oh hope that's not right :(

Miffy xx

Cazz
20-05-2010, 10:38 AM
i am going to go into town today so will buy some sets if they have any in.
can you let me know who wants any and i am happy to post.
m xx

Oh YES PLEASE!!! :clapping:

My first story sack is going to be The Hungry Caterpillar and these would be fantastic!!

Let me know if you get some and I will sort out payment etc.

Thank you - I'm really excited now!! :jump for joy:

Cazz
20-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Oh no - I've just noticed you're going into town TODAY - hope I'm not too late as I've only just come on here :panic:

I'd be really happy if I could get a set - no Home Bargains store round here either :(

Mouse
20-05-2010, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=TammyN;710818]IM GUTTED :( there are none by me, been to 2 home & bargins and they don't have them. lady siad they are down south only?????

QUOTE]

I'm in the midlands, so definitely not down south! I might get back to the shop tomorrow, so will look to see if there are any left.

miffy
20-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Maybe they just say they only have them "down south" so people don't start moaning! :rolleyes:

You'll have to buy the lot MOuse and sell them on to the rest of us! :D

Miffy xx

ajs
20-05-2010, 01:11 PM
it's no problem cazz i was going to buy loads anyway

but no luck they don't have any in my local stores either home bargains or b and m bargains but i will try again on saturday

PixiePetal
20-05-2010, 01:17 PM

if anyone does buy bulk i would love a set posting and i will pay whatever(within reason :laughing: )pplease pm me, ii really want a set :angry:

we don't have HB down south :rolleyes: I looked online :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TammyN
20-05-2010, 03:47 PM
we don't have HB down south :rolleyes: I looked online :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I GET A FEELING SHE DIDN'T WANT TO LOOK, GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO KEEP POPPING IN UNLESS SOMEONE BUYS IN BULK AND POSTS THEM ON :littleangel:
TAMMY

brillminder
20-05-2010, 04:53 PM
yes please i would like a set and will pay p&P

PixiePetal
20-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I GET A FEELING SHE DIDN'T WANT TO LOOK, GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO KEEP POPPING IN UNLESS SOMEONE BUYS IN BULK AND POSTS THEM ON :littleangel:
TAMMY

I looked online at the store locator :D but :(

http://www.tjmorris.co.uk/

beccas
20-05-2010, 05:57 PM
please could i have some i will pay postage.:)

mama2three
21-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Good news , bad news time....the bad news being that they only had 1 set left ..the good news is that its now MINE! Im definately not 'darn sarf' either ..complete nonsense!

Mouse
21-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Good news , bad news time....the bad news being that they only had 1 set left ..the good news is that its now MINE! Im definately not 'darn sarf' either ..complete nonsense!

lol! Looks like we're the lucky ones :laughing: :D :blush: They're lovely, aren't they?

I will try to nip into the shop this evening to see if they've got any left.

miffy
21-05-2010, 03:43 PM

Which store did you go to Kath?

Miffy xx

mama2three
21-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Which store did you go to Kath?

Miffy xx

Mansfield , they have lots of the other bugs left , ladybird , praying mantis , but no caterpillars or butterflies. Sutton might be worth a try though?

miffy
21-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Mansfield , they have lots of the other bugs left , ladybird , praying mantis , but no caterpillars or butterflies. Sutton might be worth a try though?

That's what I thought you were going to say!

Thanks, may try Sutton too

Miffy xx

Chell
21-05-2010, 09:21 PM
My Mum tried Kettering, none there but I will try Corby tomorrow.

francinejayne
22-05-2010, 07:29 PM
None near me :(

But last time someone posted about great things in B&M I looked and we didn't have those either. Then a few weeks later they were in my B&M, so I think that perhaps we're a bit slow to get things 'up ere'!!! :laughing:

I shall keep checking my local store and if I see any I'll buy the lot!!! I'll keep you posted!

TammyN
22-05-2010, 07:31 PM
None near me :(

But last time someone posted about great things in B&M I looked and we didn't have those either. Then a few weeks later they were in my B&M, so I think that perhaps we're a bit slow to get things 'up ere'!!! :laughing:

I shall keep checking my local store and if I see any I'll buy the lot!!! I'll keep you posted!

you've saved me a journey ;) i might try Ellesmere port tomorrow whilst im on route to the beach at New Brighton.

miffy
22-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I got everything except the butterfly and caterpillar today.

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
22-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Are these boxed sets or are they all separate - I went to Crewe today and the town store had changed its name to Branded Bargains so asked in there and was told new out of town store open in retail park the other week - went there and the store hadn't even opened yet!!!

On the way home I took a detour to Kidsgrove and they had no sets left but then a member of staff came running after me with just the caterpillar saying that all they had left.

I've asked a friend who has a sister and nieces living nr Newcastle-under- Lyme if they could pop into Home Bargains next time they are in town to see if they have sets - I paid 99p for the loose one and just presumed that it had become separate from a set so I didn't ask them to keep an eye out for separates.

i have to say the one I've got is really lovely and I would love to have the set or at least a couple more - so if anyone manages to get a shed load please consider me too.

Donkey
22-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will have to make dp take me to home bargains after mass tmrw...

on the pretence that I want some cheap coke lol

Heaven Scent
22-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will have to make dp take me to home bargains after mass tmrw...

on the pretence that I want some cheap coke lol

OMW - don't tell me that you will be telling lies to your husband having been to the Lords table at the Holy Sacrament of Mass - tut tut to you Now bow your head in shame!!!! and in addition to that you are breaking a commandment - "Thow shall not covet thy neighbours goods" - I feel an urgent trip to Confession coming on for you - you better ring the priest and get your sin absolved before you comit it - I'm sure that would be Ok as its a pre meditated sin so in effect you have committed the sin already. This way you can go to mass and lie to DH with peace of mind. :laughing: :laughing:

Mouse
23-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Are these boxed sets or are they all separate -

They're separate ones. There are 6 different ones you can get - caterpillar, butterfly, ladybird, cricket, grasshopper & a fly (I think that's what it is anyway!). They all relate to other Eric Carle books.

When I got mine they were all together in one box, so I hunted through to get one of each.

I am going there again this afternoon, so will se what's left.

Mouse
23-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Just looked again, they're a praying mantis & firefly, not grasshopper & fly!

sandy64
23-05-2010, 05:29 PM
hi went to b&m and home bargains didnt have any or you lot got there first an bought them all lol:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
23-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I went to another Home Bargains and B&M today but no joy :(

Miffy xx

Pauline
23-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Are you still after some of these?

If so see this thread:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=712522

:clapping::clapping: