PDA

View Full Version : Doncha just hate it when.....

Pipsqueak
19-05-2010, 05:49 PM
you get an enquiry - two children, 40hrs per week wanted on days that fit you just right and BANG.... they are from the other side of town:(

Also the parents of the baby (with cerebal palsy) came to see me today, in all fairness I did ring them this morning and explained that I cannot do care in their own home under my registration but they still choose to come to see me.
Dad was very straight down the line - came in, sat down, fired some questions as me, got up and walked through my house (mum and I followed - but this was uninvited tour:rolleyes: !!!), walked back to the front door said 'we'll be in touch' and left. :eek: they were here for a grand total of 8 mintues - i think they have no intention of using a minder - they want and need a nanny. i will be very shocked if they come back to me for more info, not that I would be keen on taking them on tbh although baby was gorgeous. (although I got the impression they are very protective of her - I went to put my hand out to her to say hi and he sorted of pulled her away from my reach by turning his body so he was between me and baby)

sarah707
19-05-2010, 06:47 PM
What an odd man! I sort of hope you don't get that one for your own sanity!! :rolleyes: :D

zillervalley
19-05-2010, 06:50 PM
strange maybe it will be just as well if they dont get back to you, sorry it didnt work out with the others

ziller

wendywu
19-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Stay well away, he seems to have no respect at all :panic:

The Juggler
19-05-2010, 10:04 PM
will the one from other side of town not work out? is there no way this could work hon?

Pipsqueak
19-05-2010, 10:42 PM
will the one from other side of town not work out? is there no way this could work hon?

don't think so but i have offered to meet with her. My DW knows who it is and knows where the child will be attending nursery.
fingers x'd

Monkey1
20-05-2010, 05:09 AM
when will people realise that first impressions work both ways! :rolleyes: I'd stay well clear Pip. What a cheek to walk through your house!

Hebs
20-05-2010, 05:33 AM
don't think so but i have offered to meet with her. My DW knows who it is and knows where the child will be attending nursery.
fingers x'd

got everything crossed for you hun x

charleyfarley
20-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Fingers crossed for you Pip :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lucky escape springs to mind with the other parent :panic:

Carol xx

miffy
20-05-2010, 06:49 AM
They sound like very over protective parents (or just plain rude) either way would probably be a nightmare to work with.

Fingers crossed for the other ones - perhaps they'll move nearer to you! :D

Miffy xx