PDA

View Full Version : Department of Education

Pipsqueak
19-05-2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/bulletin/NurseryWorldUpdate/article/1003894/?DCMP=EMC-NurseryWorldUpdate

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/bulletin/NurseryWorldUpdate/article/1003898/?DCMP=EMC-NurseryWorldUpdate

so what do you think this means for us?

PixiePetal
19-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Well I will be looking out for more updates --

Policy commitments

In terms of policy commitments there are some areas of common ground between the Conservatives and Liberal Democrat parties regarding the EYFS.

The Conservatives have said that they would want a slimmed down version of the framework to cut down on bureaucracy for private and voluntary providers.

Meanwhile, the Liberal Democrats have also said they want cuts to regulation, amid concerns in the fall in the number of childminders.

WibbleWobble
19-05-2010, 05:45 PM
just been reading it..

hopefully someone will see sense!!!

hopefully....

please...

pretty please

mandyxxxxx

Blaze
19-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I think that just as everyone is settling down into EYFS - it's going to be replaced with something new for us to decifer & live with - with a whole new set of hoopps for us to jump through:rolleyes:

Now don't get me wrong the EYFS is far from perfect - but is it a case of better the devil you know? Hopefully they will get ride of the RA's for every outing!:D

Roseolivia
19-05-2010, 06:05 PM
It is scary times but hopefully the EYFS will be 'slimmed' down as i think at the moment it is too much. Hopefully the government will finally sort Ofsted out.

funemnx
19-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I for one will be living in hope...... :jump for joy:

tinkerbelle
19-05-2010, 07:33 PM
if it is slimmed down or changed then i hope for one its acctually consistent as what 1 inspector early years advisor thinks is enough is actually too little for another it drives me mad

mandy moo
20-05-2010, 08:53 AM
As with tinkerbelle,
Consistency would be good especialy with Ofsted Inspectors!!