PDA

View Full Version : Financial Education petition

francinejayne
19-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Hello,
Here is a link to an online petition to get the government to go ahead with planned financial education, which can only be a good thing so the mistakes that got us into the current financial crisis don't happen again....

http://www.financialeducationpetition.com/

moogster1a
19-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Sorry, how are the very highest echelons of the banking system linked to the ordinary people that this would apply to?
personally, I don't know of any "real " people with ordinary jobs who were responsible for things such as selling off the country's gold reserves at a vastly reduced price for a big loss.
I don't think the fact that some people were given too high a mortgage was responsible for the global financial collapse.

francinejayne
19-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Sorry, how are the very highest echelons of the banking system linked to the ordinary people that this would apply to?
personally, I don't know of any "real " people with ordinary jobs who were responsible for things such as selling off the country's gold reserves at a vastly reduced price for a big loss.
I don't think the fact that some people were given too high a mortgage was responsible for the global financial collapse.

I agree, but I also think that if all children are educated at school about personal finances, budgeting and so on, they may be less likely to buy everything now and worry about how to pay for it tomorrow? And then that would most certainly help towards the current financial mess this country is in, as people wouldn't be in such trouble themselves when everything goes wrong, and so more likely to keep their homes rather than have them repossessed?