PDA

View Full Version : not sure about what info to give out / banks

charliegee
19-05-2010, 09:49 AM
hello everyone

hope you're all well? - just wondering if I could ask a question as am sure you ladies and gents will know the answer and point me in the right direction

well, I was promised payment today by a parent and they have given me a cheque.....I've had a cheque from them before and it didn't go through so I am going to say no more cheques - only vouchers, cash or pay direct into my account

now, I'm a bit old fashioned and scared of internet banking :blush:

what info do I need / can I give someone about my bank account without giving too much info?

(hope that makes sense! - not sure if I should give my account number and sort code out?)

(doesnt take much to confuse me!!) xxx:blush: :laughing:

FizzysFriends
19-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Which bank it is your account name, sort code and account number, they need that to make a payment and can't do anything with it. After all all this info is on cheques you write and we hand those to all sorts of people.

charliegee
19-05-2010, 10:00 AM
haha:laughing: - you are right - I feel a bit of a wally now! of course they are on cheques!:blush: thanks hun!

xxx

The Juggler
19-05-2010, 01:22 PM
haha:laughing: - you are right - I feel a bit of a wally now! of course they are on cheques!:blush: thanks hun!

xxx

i did this 3 years ago, was fed up of constantly asking for my pay, then getting a cheque, finding time to bank it and waiting 5 days for it to clear. since then, lovely money goes in my account. Don't even mind if payday is 3rd or 4th as long as I know it will be in same day every month.

MissTinkerbell
19-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I was a bit wary of this the first time I did it but then looked at it like this.... I'm giving you my bank details - they are giving me their children! When you look at it like that it sort of puts it into perspective and as a PP said the info you give them is the same as the info on your cheque anyway.

charliegee
19-05-2010, 03:16 PM
thanks everyone!

sorry to sound a bit silly but I'm useless with anything like this!

sorry again to go on - but is there anything I need to do with my bank

- or do I just give my bank details (account number, sort code and name) and the parent does it?

(as I say - am totally useless with anything like this!)

xxxx

mandy moo
20-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Im with Barclays, I didnt have to advise them of anything..

Millenium
21-05-2010, 08:18 AM
You won't need to tell you bank anything - otherwise you would be contacting them regarding every credit being made into your account.

I have found that since some of the banks have introduced the "Faster Payments" system, I am effectively getting paid early. This is because the parents were allowing three working days for their payment to go through so would go on line and make the payment 27th or 28th of the month to ensure it hit my account around the 1st of the next month. Now I am getting the money on the same day or next day from when they made the payment - lovely!