PDA

View Full Version : Children who bit, What should i do

saintsue
19-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Morning everyone
I mind a 23month old that has started to bit, but he does it when he cant get a toy of someone

Well this morning i had a parent of a 12month old say he has a bit mark on his back from yesterday. He i did.nt see this hapen and there was another little one here to so i am not sure who did it and the little one did.nt cry, so what should i do, i feel awful now
Luv Sue xxx

Pipsqueak
19-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Write it up and get the parent to sign - this shows that you have taken the concern seriously.

Are you working with the parents of the vampire? Have you agreed a plan of action together?

Its such a common thing, children bite for all sorts of reason, out of overwhelming emotions, frustration, cuz it feels good, the other person tastes nice.

I would keep Jaws close to you at all times so you can quickly intervene. Encourage lots of sharing and turn taking. Praise praise praise when there is nice sharing, quick intervention if it looks like he is hungry with a firm 'no biting'

If he does bite - HUGE fuss over the victim making it clear it hurts and has made xyz VERY sad. Allow biter to come and 'make up' if they want to.

saintsue
19-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks alot

Where should i write this up? In my Daily Diary

Sue xxxx

saintsue
19-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks alot

Where should i write this up? In my Daily Diary What should i put

Sue xxxx

chibault
19-05-2010, 09:17 AM
This is a soft option, try watching the yo gabba gabba song on youtube called 'don't bite your friends'. You will need to watch the video first to check it's the right one as YouTube doesn't censor alternative versions of kids songs. Kids love learning through songs and this illustrates clearly unacceptable behaviour and acceptable behaviour. My son loves it and really concentrates on it so hopefully the message gets through.
Becky x

Pipsqueak
19-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks alot

Where should i write this up? In my Daily Diary What should i put

Sue xxxx

Even if its on an incident sheet or separate sheet and keep it in the childs file.