PDA

View Full Version : advice please

sophiemarie
19-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi all yet another question
I have a baby starting with me in September she will be 8 months mum says she is not settling when left at the moment. I am on holiday for 2 weeks in August and first week in september so that wont help.
The question is what would your settling in programme be (have not had a baby before).
Also I have not completed any paper work or asked for a deposit when would you do that.
Thanks for all replies :)

AliceK
19-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Baby is at an age when SA sets in so that won't be helping at the moment. Is there any way you can have her before you go on hols or even spend a bit of time at mums house with her?
As for the deposit I would have had contracts signed and deposit paid immediately mum said she wants the place. I had a mum sign contracts and pay a deposit in April for 2 places needed in Sept.

Good luck

xxxxx

Goatgirl
19-05-2010, 08:13 AM
hi :),
I'd be taking a deposit now. If the parents seemed ok with it, probably a retainer too, as its a long time for you to be turning down other enquiries and possible income and its your one and only under ones space.

I'd get Mum to come round with baby once or twice so baby is familiar with you and your setting before your hols, then do a more organised settling in during the time between your august hol and sept time off. I'd maybe plan (over a week) an hour with Mum there, but you doing most of the interaction with baby, then, dependinghow well that goes, another session with Mum there for a bit but popping out for half an hour while baby is occupied, then if that goes ok, see how just a drop off and pick up go, with an amount of time you and mum think baby will be ok for. They're all different, so its a bit of a 'feel your way' situation really. As mum has already said baby isn't settling well in general I'd just be prepared to do little and often sessions.

Hope this helps: good luck :)
Wendy