PDA

View Full Version : comments from parents

sweets
19-05-2010, 06:48 AM
i have been told by my DO to send my childrens learning journeys home to parents more often and let them them comment on them, and give input.

i thought i would put a sheet in the back so that they can write any comments or concerns down but cant think of any questions to ask apart from

1. are you happy with your childs development
2. do you have any concerns over your childs care

are they ok? not sure about the second:panic:

anyone got any ideas of what i can put, or got a sheet i can use?

sarah707
19-05-2010, 06:50 AM
I was thinking about this one last night!

Why are we always so negative about ourselves? Any problems... any concerns... etc.

Why don't we ask for positives more often? Is it British reserve?

Please tell me one thing your child has shared that he has done with me recently...

Please suggest something your child is interested in at home so we can follow his interest here...

:D

miffy
19-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Mine has questions like - "Things I like to do/am interested in at the moment" and "New things I can do"

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
19-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Change the questionnaire a few times to encourage parents to comment, but nine times out of ten they still come back blank!!!! Not sure what else to do :rolleyes:

Parents always say how lovely they think they are, and we know grannies/grandads etc get to see them, just can't seem to get anyone to put anything down on paper - its so frustrating, especially when we are supposed to prove to ofsted that we are working in partnership :angry:

sweets
19-05-2010, 08:29 PM
thanks for the suggestions, will have a go at putting one together at weekends.

My DO also said that parents should have the opportunity to comment on every observation when they are done on their child! don't think thats very practical!:eek:

think i will try and do what you suggested sarah and do them from a positve angle :thumbsup:

miffy
20-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Change the questionnaire a few times to encourage parents to comment, but nine times out of ten they still come back blank!!!! Not sure what else to do :rolleyes:

I put a sheet in their child's learning journey which says "This is what xxxx (mummy/daddy/grandparents/keyworker) thinks about my lj............"

Crystal clear they need to put something - might be worth a try.

Miffy xx