PDA

View Full Version : risk assessment for park!

v 1461
18-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Hello,

Do we need a risk assessment for parks in general or one for each park we go ( with the name of each park)??

If it is for each of them then we just repeat the same things on all of them ?

what about shops? is it general?

what about going for a walk? is it any walk or one assessment for one walk??

I am useless with risk assessment...
thank you
v

sarah707
18-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I have one general risk assessment for going out...

Then individual ones for different types of places we go.

That way I don't find myself repeating everything :D

TheBTeam
18-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I have a risk assessment for each type of thing, ie one for parks and playgrounds, one for woods, one for shops, one for a toddler group, one for a craft group (in the same place as toddlers but different activity) etc.

I will argue that i am not having one for each park we visit as it clearly states on it that an assessment will be made on arrival to assess exits/equipment etc in case it has changed since the previous visit, and the rest applies the same, so one size does fit all. The same with woods etc I visually check these when we get there, as they could change between visits and yet the basis to the risks is the same.

I flatly refuse to write a separate one for each woods/park etc it makes a mockery of me being an adult who is quite capable of dealing with and thinking about stuff as it needs it!

caz3007
18-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I was picked up on my inspection for not having a risk assessment for each park, as there are different risks for each one. But I think I will add something similar to what BTeam suggested, that I will risk assess on each visit. We did visit one once and there was glass everywhere, so we just didnt go in and went to another one. We have a choice of 4 within a 10 min walk

Ripeberry
18-05-2010, 06:23 PM
I do a risk assesment for each individual park as they are so different, grass or concrete, different equipment is either modern or wooden and falling apart!
I use the South Gloucs outings RA sheet, complete the first part as it's always the same (photocopy it).
Then the second sheet is completed with each individual park's 'possible risks'.
I have a general one for the school and pre-school and going shopping.
Playgroups are the same as for parks.
The only problem is, sometimes I won't visit a new place as I'll have to do a full RA again, but I use the first visit to get a feel for the place and do a visual check (as anyone would do) and if I visit it a second time, then I'll do the written RA.

v 1461
18-05-2010, 08:27 PM
thank you for your help.
It feels like all my assessment are the same....blah,blah,blah...