PDA

View Full Version : help!

chewy sweets
18-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Just had my nvq assessor come out for the first time to give me my first assignment. I have to do a 500 word essay on any subject within the childcare sector. Have no idea what to do it on. Have already thought of children's Health, healthy eating. But i'm not sure.

Anyone got any ideas????
thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Beckieboo
18-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Healthy eating is a good one! You could right about anything though, i did a comparison essay of childcare in New Zealand compared to over here and put in positive and negatives of both, it was 3000 words long but i do have a tendency to bumf it up a bit with blah blah blah!! lol :laughing:

Stick to healthy eating, gives you plenty to write about:thumbsup:

auntym
18-05-2010, 10:38 AM
How about fire safety? How you can arrange visits from fire dept and do fire drills and test sheets? You could always do one on ofsted and moody inspectors lol x

grindal
18-05-2010, 10:39 AM
How about linking healthy eating with whether to provide meals or not?
Is it easier to provide the same healthy meal for all children you look after, or is it better to let parents provide meals? If parents provide how can you make sure they are healthy, if you provide what do you do about likes, dislikes, allergies, cultural requests etc?

singingcactus
18-05-2010, 11:12 AM
What about the importance/necessity of learning through child led play.
Or maybe you could consider the planning cycle. - that might help you later with your SEF too.
(don't forget whatever you do to link it back to your own practice)

The Juggler
18-05-2010, 01:09 PM
if you do healthy eating you could look at your policy and the recent research (see nursery world online archives) which show that most nurseries were almost underfeeding their children as there was too little fat and carbs in their diets?