PDA

View Full Version : irregular hours

kaz1501
25-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Last week I had my first enquiry but it came to nothing (previous thread) today I have had a call from a Mum wanting care for her 2 year old but she works shifts & different hours each week - not set hours. She said it would be 2 days per week but differing days and hours, iyswim.

My question is, how on earth would you do a contract????

Any advice please?

Karen
x x x

PS she is coming to see me on Friday so I need to be ready with my terms and conditions etc.

katickles
25-03-2008, 07:04 PM
I had an enquiry the same as this. Mum was a nurse. I explained that the only way i'd be able to do it would be to charge for 5 days (as her shifts were Mon - Fri). I explained that unless i had set hours it would stop me being able to fill the space as i wouldn't know what hours i could offer.

I also explained that as she would be paying i'd be available for the contracted hours to care for the child. So if she was working Mon & Tues & needed me to care for little one on just these days but paying for all 5 days, then if she wanted I would be available for the other days aswell............gosh i've worded that a long winded way, hope it makes sense! :)

Pudding Girl
25-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I would do it as Kate has said and if they didn't want that, then I wouldn't be able to help them I'm afraid.

miffy
25-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Depends on how much you want the work - you will have to keep a space open every day of the week so you can either charge it in full or charge for 2 days plus a retainer (say half-fee) for the other 3 days or charge a minimum amount of hours every week

There are lots of options available to you it's up to you what you decide

good luck

miffy xx