PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Zafria owners ... Help Please

Stanfield
18-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Hello,

I need carseat advice.

I have two car seats in the middle seats of my car which fit fine, although they were hard to find and cost £150 each! but I am struggling to find a carr seat to fit into the two rear seats that give the children enough room for their legs. The traditional seat that recline a little are much too bulky and my 1 year old is really needing more leg room now (there is infact none at the momment and his legs are squashed up in the seat!) I need a slim one but cant find anything suitable.

Which car seats do you use in your two rear seats?

Thanks,

Polly2
18-05-2010, 08:02 AM
I use this one

oh sorry link won't work

Its the £34.99 one from Argos its suitable from 9 mths

dobby
18-05-2010, 08:20 AM
I have heard good things about the Brittax prince as it has a narrow base, making it easier to fit in those seats. TBH though I tend to only use my rear seats for the high back boosters unless its a real emergency as they are so much smaller and it is harder to fit the other seats properly.

Leanne59
18-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I have heard good things about the Brittax prince as it has a narrow base, making it easier to fit in those seats. TBH though I tend to only use my rear seats for the high back boosters unless its a real emergency as they are so much smaller and it is harder to fit the other seats properly.

I agree, thats the one Ive got for my son, easy to fit wish Id bought this sooner the other one I have is a nightmare to fit.
mothercare assiant(sp) said make sure the seat is always in the upright postion and it is fine to go in the back. HTH:D :D

TammyN
18-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I Had my seats fitted by mothercare, i have 5 point harness/booster seats in the back and there is plenty of room, best getting them checked?

Roseolivia
18-05-2010, 08:53 AM
I use boosters in the rear seats for the older mindees and the younger ones go in the middle seats. The older mindees just climb in the boot to get in the back seat although only one is being used at the moment.

huggableshelly
18-05-2010, 09:00 AM
I use the argos ones, 5 pt harness that then convert into booster seats and then to booster cushions, they are reduced right now but make sure you get the ones with the cut outs for the adult belt as the pink narnia one does noe so its unsafe for an older child to share.

SYLVIA
18-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I use the argos one too. One of my mindees tells me its more comfortable then the one in his mummy's car! They fit well in the back

Stanfield
18-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks everyone. I will have a look in Argos. Mothercare here is very poor and only has 6 seats! None of which fit!

newandlearning
19-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi..
I'm just in the process of buying another one of these so I can have 3 of them sitting across the middle seats.. I then put high back boosters in the rear and front..

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002201&langId=-1&productId=1500629457

the base doesn't convert but it does have an adjustable headrest.. I feel this is safe and comfy.xx:)

mai-lenabump
19-05-2010, 12:38 PM
i use britax one but do tend to have the booster seats in the back and use boot as in and out as some one else said.
You know though you could possible set your seats differently to give one in the back more leg space.
You can move the middle seats (normal back ones) to make leg space in the back, Especially of ones in the middle seats are in boosters as therr legs just go down not straight out like babies legs do (if you know what i mean!).
If you put your little one on passanger side you can then pull passanger seat fwd to make more space for the one in the middles legs.

Oh i hope you know what i'm on about! Think i've made it very complicated!

:)

Stanfield
19-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks, the problem I have is that 2 of thhe children are my own and I dont want to keep swapping their seats around but my mindee who is 2 doesnt fit in the boot. So when I have him I have to put my youngest in the boot.
The two seat I have in the middle are too bulky to fit a hird one in and my oldest son is too tall to move the middle seats forward.

The argos ones though look good and have just been knocked down in proce since I looked a few days ago!:thumbsup: