PDA

View Full Version : CRB Checks for household members

milo28
25-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi All

I have decided to do childminding, I love working with Kids and feel i would love being my own boss too!
The problem i have is deciding whether to do it a my house, a 2 bed smallish flat with a little garden, or at my Mum's who has a big 3 bed place with huge garden!
the dilemma being my mum's boyfriend has a criminal record from offences which occurred 10 years ago. he also served a prison sentence- nothing to do with children.
Does anyone know what they draw the line at in regards to criminal records?

Thanks for all your help

Vicki x

katickles
25-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm not 100% but i'm sure i read in the paperwork on the application a list of things that would prevent them granting registration.

Maybe ring ofsted & enquire if nobody can give the details? :)

sarah707
25-03-2008, 07:12 PM
It is unlikely a decision would be made until Ofsted have done the checks and the CRB checks are completed... they would then look at all the evidence and make a judgement based on everything they have seen and found out about you and your family.

I would, however, suggest you ring them for further advice - 08456 404040.

Hope this helps :D

MissTinkerbell
25-03-2008, 07:14 PM
CRB have a website so don't know if the info is on there

angeldelight
25-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I would def call Ofsted

There might be some information here

http://www.crb.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=1871

Angel xx

miffy
25-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Apart from your mum having a bigger home than you is there any other reason why you would want to register from her address cos it might be simpler under the circumstances to register from your own address

miffy xx

deeb66
26-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Apart from your mum having a bigger home than you is there any other reason why you would want to register from her address cos it might be simpler under the circumstances to register from your own address

miffy xx

I had much the same thought as Miffy.

Definately ring Ofsted and see what they have to say.

Good luck.

Don't forget to pop into the 'Say Hello' section and introduce yourself to the members http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-005.gif