PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to ask?

Tippy Toes
17-05-2010, 06:39 PM
This afternoon Mindees mums sister picked little one up (she is not named on contract or named as someone who can pick up little one) and mindees mumm didnt even tell me in advance.

This is the 3rd time this has happened so sent mum a text asking that in future could she please let me know if someone else will be picking up the little one as I should not really be letting mindee go with someone that is not named on contract.

Am i in the wrong? Should i not be making a fuss?

Thanks All :)

estrelas
17-05-2010, 06:46 PM
i will not ever let a child go if mum hasn't confirmed first.

Two weeks ago, i dropped my mob down the loo:blush: , B was here on a late till 9, B's mum broke down on the way home and tried to call but couldn't get me, one of her neighbours who i know knocked to pick B up and i wouldn't let him go. i made him phone her and she had to try and remmeber our password to give to him lol
It all took about 30 mins but there was no way I was handing him over lol

your not making a fuss, you are right!

mamasheshe
17-05-2010, 06:47 PM
no i would ring to confirm if not a known person picking up before i release the child:thumbsup:

Hebs
17-05-2010, 07:04 PM
i have a password in place of one set of siblings incase an emergancy someone else has to collect :thumbsup:

miss mopple
17-05-2010, 07:08 PM
I use passwords too, and I keep a book by the door that parents must fill in of someone else is collecting

TammyN
17-05-2010, 07:13 PM
same as above, i have passwords and contracted parent has to confirm who is picking up, even if its the other partner on occasions!
i would also phone if i was unsure.

monkey62
17-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I will never let a child leave with someone who is not listed on a permition form.
If someone who is not listed has to collect a child I must be inform in time and a password procedure is used.

It's a small world
18-05-2010, 05:13 AM
I have had several incidents recently (and several rants on here too :blush: ) about mum not telling me if someone else is collecting afterschoolers. I even turned up at school as mum didn't tell me. I contacted mum at work on three occasions to confirm if family member was picking them up resulting in me being late to collect my ds from school. In the end I told her i would not be contacting her again and that should i turn upto school and someone else is there to collect and I had not been informed I would be taking the mindees with me collect ds from school and the person would have to
meet me at my house. Mindees cannot go with anyone without permission from her to me. surprisingly yday got a txt message at 8.30 saying I didn't need to collect boys.:clapping: think she's finally got the message. Never let anyone go without permission ( my mindees we collected by grandad but hesnot on my list as lives abroad and was over here visiting so was an exception) sorry if long. Hope mum undestands that you need permission etc for the safety of her own child .

huggableshelly
18-05-2010, 06:56 AM
I do not hand children over if they are not named on the contract unless parents have contacted me to set up a new password for the person who is collecting and gives me a description.