PDA

View Full Version : really confused about what to do :(

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 01:33 PM
ok so where to start with this one .... need some advise on what you would do ...

been registered for a few months as i was looking after 2 children whose parents are friends with my partner.
so heres my predicament ..... i currently look after these children

monday thursdays and fridays .... a 1 year old, 2 year old and a 4 year old

tuesdays just a 2 year old and wednesdays off.

my predicament was that the 4 year old was due to start school in september and i offered to get him a place at my sons school so that the school run was simple ..... however mum went behind my back and put him down at the school she had heard had a better reputation and he got accepted ... they were not over subscribed this year!
the 1 year old and 4 year old are brothers so if i loose one i loose them both. the mum is trying to sort out someone to take him to school and pick him up and i would meet them somewhere along the way.... sorry its a long story lol

i have the oportunity to look after 2 9 month olds on tuesdays and wednesday for much shorter days .. the 1 year old and 4 year old are 12 hour days.

but this is my major problem the school she has put him into will not take him full time until january therefore meaning he counts as one of my under 5s and i was meant to be looking after my step daughter from september who is 3 but now due to this problem i now wont be able to until january

im really considering giving up the 2 boys and the 2 9 month olds will almost cover the money and will give me much shorter days on the 3 days i currently have them

do any of you have children who are not at the schools you do runs to?
does it work or cause you a problem?

sorry for waffling just need some in put

sandy64
17-05-2010, 01:44 PM
hi sorry i would only do a school my d.d goes to as i dont drive and if they start and end same time someone will be left waiting. if you feel this is going to cause more work/disruption you can terminate contract just say due to a change in your circumstances. hope it works out for you sandy:)

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 02:48 PM
thank you i just feel bad because she is trying to work it so that it does not affect me but i just feel no matter what she does it will affect me

thanks for your input i think your right about the schools for deffinite

Hebs
17-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Well i Wouldn't say she went behind your back she is within her rights to choose what school she sends her child too, just as much as your now within your rights to end the vontract if you cant do the pick up x

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 03:01 PM
i only say she went behind my back as i meant it in a way that she asked me to get her son into the same school as my son ... which menat a few meeting on my part but they agreed to take him and she never once told me she has put down the other school of choice on the council application. :)

huggableshelly
17-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I would terminate on the understanding that you are unable to do the school pickups, change of needs.

then take on the little ones and care for your step daughter too.

Chimps Childminding
17-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Am I right in thinking the 2 9 month olds are twins? If not check before you make any decisions as most childminders are only registered for one child under 1 year of age!

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 05:33 PM
OMG i have only just realised that!!! how stupid am i ... damn what am i gonna do now

Hebs
17-05-2010, 05:53 PM
do any of you have children who are not at the schools you do runs to?

i collect from 5 schools most nights :D

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 05:58 PM
hebs how do you have time to do that??

i would have no chance of doing 2 they have the same start and finish times lol

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 06:14 PM
ok so any ideas if i only have 2 9 month olds at one time on the tuesday and wednesday whats the chances of that being granted by ofsted .... i have a double pram and 2 high chairs etc ... the 2 babies see an awful lot of each other so parents really want them put together :(
arghhhhh this is now even more of a nightmare

estrelas
17-05-2010, 06:29 PM
i collect from 5 schools most nights :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

my god
:laughing:

estrelas
17-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I had such a stressful time doing two schools that nanna has to do pick up now and drop off with me!

Do you drive a plane??? how do you manage it?

Monkey26
17-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Ofsted seem to be quite hot on requesting variations now and will only allow them for continuation of care - ie a younger sibling of a child already in your care or adding an additional day to a child already in your care...

So, as you say you only have one child on a Tuesday and noone on a Wednesday, could you take on the 9 month olds one day each at the moment? Then a few months later put in a variation request to add an additional day to each therefore giving you 2 under 1's on a Tuesday & Wednesday. Does that make sense?

I do two after-school runs 2 days a week; on a Tuesday one school finishes at 3.15pm, the other 3.20pm-the 8 year old (3.20pm finish) waits in her classroom for an extra 5mins until i get there-an agreement in writing with parents and school. On a Thursday on school finishes at 3.15pm, the other 3.30pm which gives me enough time to get there!

I hope you come to a suitable arrangement for all involved x

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 06:56 PM
mmmmm i wished i could but i dont think that will be an option ... its now or never i guess and they will both end up in a nursery if i dont take them on .. such a pain when in 2 months one of them will be over 1

Hebs
17-05-2010, 07:01 PM
ask Cher she'll tell you i collect from that many :laughing:

right...........

2.50pm collect R from nursery
3pm collect my daughter
3.15pm collect D
3.20pm, collect C
3.25pm, drive past sons school and collect him :laughing: (drive by pick up haha)
3.35pm park at my house and wizz round to collect N, and B... school in next street, they finish at 3.30pm but they wait outside the school office (as agreed) and i'm always there before the local after school club :D

oh thats actually 6 not 5 :D :clapping:

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 07:42 PM
hebs i couldnt do it dont know how you do! i dont use the car for when im childminding so i seriously wouldnt make it .. dont help both schools are a good 15 mins away from each other and both have same start and finish times

Hebs
17-05-2010, 07:48 PM
if you cant collect then you'll have to tell mum,

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 07:52 PM
yeah she knew that before she chose schools so now she has a headache trying to work out a way for it to work :(

Hebs
17-05-2010, 08:23 PM
i think she needs to be looking for another minder,

cos if you dont want the stress of doing it, then you'll only end up resenting having to do it.

start advertising now x

The Juggler
17-05-2010, 08:32 PM
I think given the circumstances I would give notice to first mum. you're going to have to in Jan and tell mum this has come along now and you might not have opportunity in Jan.

On the twins, if Ofsted didnt' do variations for children under 1 then no twins under 1 would get taken on anywhere. I'd investigate.

Minstrel
17-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I think given the circumstances I would give notice to first mum. you're going to have to in Jan and tell mum this has come along now and you might not have opportunity in Jan.

On the twins, if Ofsted didnt' do variations for children under 1 then no twins under 1 would get taken on anywhere. I'd investigate.

I don't think they are twins- just friends who want babies to be kept together. :(

emmaflossie
17-05-2010, 09:07 PM
yeah thats right they are just 2 people who want the children kept together ... i guess its either off to nursery or more likely the other option they have is one of the grandparents has offered :(

The Juggler
18-05-2010, 06:26 AM
yeah thats right they are just 2 people who want the children kept together ... i guess its either off to nursery or more likely the other option they have is one of the grandparents has offered :(

whoops that'll teach me not to read the whole thread! oh. Then I would advertise ready for January time:)

emmaflossie
18-05-2010, 10:54 AM
haha no worries i have sent in a change of circumstances form to see if they will clear me for a 9 month old and a 10 month old from july for a tuesday and wednesday from 8-2 and will go from there

thanks for your input everyone fingers crossed they will think i can cope :)

Chimps Childminding
18-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Good luck! Let us know how you get on!!!