PDA

View Full Version : changed car tax

sophiemarie
17-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Hi I have just changed my car because I need a bigger car for childminding can I claim for this on my tax form:)

Twinklestars
17-05-2010, 01:25 PM
I got told you can claim either all the costs for your car or 40p per mile for all childminding miles but that means you cant claim for servicing tax etc individually as the 40p is an allowance - might be worth you saving up all the bits and also recording miles til end of the year and see which way you work out better off, this is what i'm doing.

Being nosey but what car have you bought? i've just talked my OH into buting me a Galaxy hopefully picking it up on Thurs :)

heatherw
17-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Being nosey but what car have you bought? i've just talked my OH into buting me a Galaxy hopefully picking it up on Thurs :)

Ive got a galaxy and I love it!!:thumbsup:

Twinklestars
17-05-2010, 01:35 PM
i liked it cos it has a massive boot without seats up and still can get a buggy in with back seats up, lovely to drive too, hope my OH likes it too as he didn't test drive it on Sat

sophiemarie
17-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I got a vauxhall zafira today just had a drive and loved it I went from a small car so it gives me the seats I need but does not feel to big. The boot room is not very big when all seats down but that is not much of a problem as I wont be using the seat all of the time :)

singlewiththree
17-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I got a new kia yesterday! The boot is MASSIVE! Much bigger than the galaxy I was using before and its sooooo comfy. :clapping:

SmartKids
18-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I've had a galaxy for 7 years now and love it and have just bought a new one (to me) and am due to pick it up on Saturday - can't wait - and the kids don't know but it has a media pack (dvd screen in headrests).

Twinklestars
18-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I've had a galaxy for 7 years now and love it and have just bought a new one (to me) and am due to pick it up on Saturday - can't wait - and the kids don't know but it has a media pack (dvd screen in headrests).
Bet they'll love it! Getting mine on thurs, it's a 57 reg.