PDA

View Full Version : Do I need class 1 or class 3 business use

Twinklestars
17-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi,

Advice needed please, I currently have class 1 business use but have talked my OH into buying me a 7 seater which we get on Thurs :)

I have just rung NCMA (motor minder) and have been told that if any children were injured in an accident class 1 doesn't cover this :panic: - does everyone else have class 3?

Best quote I have had was from Ford and was £200 cheaper than Motor Minder but they said it is no good as its class 1

miss mopple
17-05-2010, 12:38 PM
motor minder are devils for that. I was with them 2 years ago and they said the same. Every other insurer says class 1 is fine, just make sure it says on your policy that it covers your childcare business.

I have just renewed with morton michel. They are great and were very competitive. I used churchill last year and had no problem with class 1 childcare cover there either

Twinklestars
17-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Just had a quote from Morton michel and they were not much more than ford, motor minder told me that it was ruled by a court that you need class 3, she tried to sell it to me by telling me that I could claim the difference through my books like I'm not putting the rest through (as if i'd pay £200 more just to put £200 more through my books!!)

TheBTeam
17-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Just had a quote from Morton michel and they were not much more than ford, motor minder told me that it was ruled by a court that you need class 3, she tried to sell it to me by telling me that I could claim the difference through my books like I'm not putting the rest through (as if i'd pay £200 more just to put £200 more through my books!!)

If you are claiming 40p per mile you can not claim any other costs for your car, excpet the odd cleaning bill.

candy cat
17-05-2010, 06:00 PM
My partner works in insurance and we have class 1 business use......all passengers are 3rd parties and are covered whatever in the event of someone elses negligence including the driver......Any Business use is required because we are on the road more than other users so more of a risk.

Class 1 is for you to drive and spouse for business purposes.....only insured vehicle!!!

class 2 is for you ,spouse and any other named driver relating to business.

class 3 is for light goods ie pizza delivery or florist etc

hope this helps

Twinklestars
17-05-2010, 06:23 PM
If you are claiming 40p per mile you can not claim any other costs for your car, excpet the odd cleaning bill.

think i'm gonna claim all of the costs not the 40p a mile but will see at end of the year

Twinklestars
17-05-2010, 06:26 PM
My partner works in insurance and we have class 1 business use......all passengers are 3rd parties and are covered whatever in the event of someone elses negligence including the driver......Any Business use is required because we are on the road more than other users so more of a risk.

Class 1 is for you to drive and spouse for business purposes.....only insured vehicle!!!

class 2 is for you ,spouse and any other named driver relating to business.

class 3 is for light goods ie pizza delivery or florist etc

hope this helps
Thanks, this is what everyone else tells me except motor minder!