PDA

View Full Version : Accounts - 6th April .....

liz252
25-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Hiya, have been doing my March accounts/timekeeping this morning ..... I wondered, is everyone doing their March accounts through to 6th April 2008?? I just wondered if that was the best way to tie up the year & start the new tax year from Mon 7th April.

I thought I might do this but say to the parents 'if there's any trouble paying the extra week, please let me know' .... however, I doubt that there will be.

Let me know what you think, Cheers, Liz x

crazybones
25-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Someone had to go and say the A word. :panic:

Yes I think I will do my accounts up to 6th April, one day, eventually when I can be bothered getting all the receipts into order. :o

manjay
25-03-2008, 04:15 PM
My parents all pay monthly in advance so I will have received their money for April before the end of March. My cut off date will be 5/4 and payments received and any money spent before this date will go in this year. Anything from 6/4 will go into next year.

amanda xx

sarah707
25-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I work from 1st to 1st... it's easier with my bills and that's how utilities work... I just put those dates on my tax return and I've never had a problem. :D

wendywu
25-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh god got the Ofsted inspection out of the way and now i have to do my accounts!!!!:eek:

manjay
25-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh god got the Ofsted inspection out of the way and now i have to do my accounts!!!!:eek:

Have you not done them yet? :rolleyes: Mine are right up to date as I have employed income aswell to take into consideration. I now know I have to have a little spending spree this week to stop me paying tax :D

amanda xx

sarah707
25-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I now know I have to have a little spending spree this week to stop me paying tax :D

amanda xx

Have fun!

If you need any help deciding what to buy, I have lots of ideas for my garden you could help me with :p

wendywu
25-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I have all my receipts filed by month, and the accounts book filled in with all the regulars like gas and electric etc. But i still have to tie up all the loose ends and hand the lot to my accountant:rolleyes:

deeb66
26-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I have always had my tax year from 1st April to 31st March.

As Sarah says as long as you put that on your return there won't be a problem.

Will have to start sorting mine out so that I don't get into the same predicament as i had for last years return :panic:

Pauline
26-03-2008, 03:16 PM
I have always had my tax year from 1st April to 31st March.

As Sarah says as long as you put that on your return there won't be a problem.

Will have to start sorting mine out so that I don't get into the same predicament as i had for last years return :panic:

It's called your accounting year isn't it?

It doesn't even have to be ending in April, it can start and finish in any month depending when you started your business, I think. You just send in the figures in April.

deeb66
26-03-2008, 03:20 PM
It's called your accounting year isn't it?

It doesn't even have to be ending in April, it can start and finish in any month depending when you started your business, I think. You just send in the figures in April.

Yes it is Pauline.

I chose to make mine April to March to make life easier!

Still find it hard though :laughing:

ma7ie
26-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I was a bit confused with this. Never done one before. It's all a lot clearer now. Thank you.:D