PDA

View Full Version : will it be today?

theplayroom
17-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Mrs O said today or wednesday eeekkk!!!:panic:

But i feel as ready as i can be and am doing the best i can!

Id be intrested to hear what other got on their first inspection and what where your expectations?? Im hoping for a good at least but i dont want to set myself up for a fall :blush:

estrelas
17-05-2010, 07:30 AM
good morning
good luck xx

To be honest I quite enjoyed my first inspection, the first 5 mins were awful but after that it was ok, it helped that the lady was lovely and really got involved playing with the kids.

Just be truthful, i told her exactly what i found hard etc and whay i hadn't completed SEF etc, I got good which i was really really happy with x

you'll be fine x

Chimps Childminding
17-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Good luck! Hope it is today! Waiting is the worst part!!!:panic:

monkey62
17-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Good luck with your first inspection.
I had a positive experience from my first inspection as well. I was hoping for Outstanding but I got Good (which is not bad, she said you can't have outstanding in your first inspection, but I have seen other peoples on forum who got outstanding at first inspection)
She was nice, she didn' get involved with kids (I had 2 , 2 y old). Kids were lovely playing nicely, no fighting or pushing, punching etc. Lots of free play, books etc
Obviously I was little stressed for first 10-15 minutes but than I start relaxing.
Do not forget to show Mrs O the fire procedure and ask to sign your ''visitor log''.

theplayroom
17-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks for advise

9.36 and everytime i hear i car i freeze!!

1 mindee asleep, one arrives in 25 mins and own child watching peppa!

Blaze
17-05-2010, 08:45 AM
d a positive experience & got outstanding - Am gutted I won't get the same inspector next time!

Good luck (though I'm sure you won't need it)!:)

WibbleWobble
17-05-2010, 08:49 AM
d a positive experience & got outstanding - Am gutted I won't get the same inspector next time!Good luck (though I'm sure you won't need it)!:)

same here....has she retired recently? are you in cheshire?

if so...she was lovely!

mandy xxxxx

ps...good luck on your inspection!!

Blaze
17-05-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm not no & she hasn't retired - but you don't get the same inspector for 2 inspections in a row (unless unavoidable ie busy inner city & even then they do their best to avoid it). You can have the same inspector as you had for pre-reg or if you have a complaint made - but not for 2 inspections in a row.:rolleyes:

WibbleWobble
17-05-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm not no & she hasn't retired - but you don't get the same inspector for 2 inspections in a row (unless unavoidable ie busy inner city & even then they do their best to avoid it). You can have the same inspector as you had for pre-reg or if you have a complaint made - but not for 2 inspections in a row.:rolleyes:

damn and dash it:laughing:

theplayroom
17-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Well not today then......wednessday definately!

AnnieM
17-05-2010, 12:41 PM

I had the same inspector for my last 2 inspections and before that, in the 16 years I have been minding I only had 4 other inspectors and we used to be inspected annually. I hope I don't get the same inspector this time as she was a real pain, she kept distracting me while taking children to the toilet and trying to supervise, handwashing after painting etc., she then shouted one of the children over who was waiting to have his hands washed to have a chat while he waited, I was doing the other 2 and hadn't realised he had toddled off to play and not had his hands washed, she then marked me down for it!!! :mad:

Good luck for Wednesday. :thumbsup:

moljak
17-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Good luck for Wednesday :)

Twinklestars
17-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Good luck, I hope i get the one I had for my pre reg as she was lovely, and she approved a variation for me on the phone instead of coming out :)

PixiePetal
17-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I would be happy not to get the same inspector as my last time ever again - unfortunately she is still doing the job :( :rolleyes:

Would be just my luck :rolleyes: