PDA

View Full Version : ofsted recommendations

blue bear
16-05-2010, 05:16 PM
At my last inspections the inspector said she HAd to give me a recommendation but was struggling, she finally came up with this:

'increasing opportunities for parents to share their own ideas of ways to develop the effectiveness of the provision.'

She didn't explain what that meant, just kept saying she had to put something and was having to be really picky.:jump for joy:

I already do, home visits, hand out questionaires, have a daily diary parents are encouraged to write anything in and have stay and play sessions

Can anyone give me some suggestions please, it's been nearly 2 years since the inspection and just feel I ought to introduce something

Roseolivia
16-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I think the inspector, like she said is being 'picky'. When i had my inspection in 08 my inspector said she couldn't think of any recommendations but had to write one so she wrote i needed to develop my observations. I haven't as i think the way i do it is enough as i know what my children like and what helps them develop.

I think you're doing enough.

sarah707
16-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Do you have a parents notice board?

Do you do newsletters? They are a good way of encouraging participation... you can ask for contributions, suggest they read your P & Ps, ask for their input on things you are changing or doing with the children...

Also in the children's learning journeys, make a big thing of including parents comments and suggestions.

Hth :D

blue bear
16-05-2010, 06:27 PM
thank you, great ideas, notice board would be easy to do.
this site is so good:clapping:

mama2three
16-05-2010, 08:28 PM
If you are updating any policies at any time , give parents a draft and ask for their input before finalising. they probably wont have anything to add but you are giving them the opportunity to develop the effectiviness of the provision.
Noticeboards and newsletters are great but they are more about communicating what you are doing rather than the parental input , especially when she has mentioned developmentof the setting. Do you have a website , again maybe you could tell parents you are considering this and ask them for any ideas etc.

miffy
17-05-2010, 06:56 AM
You could have a suggestion box for parents and children.

If there's an area of your provision that you're thinking of updating - say outdoor play - you could ask parents (and children) for their ideas/input.

You already do lots so I think the inspector was being very picky!

Miffy xx