PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Would this work??

butterfli
16-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi there. Right, here we go......
I am completely dumbfounded about what i should be doing in respect of obs and diarys etc so i had an idea that would make my life easier, but would it work/ be acceptable to ofsted!?:idea:
I would do a sort of scrap book in which i would put in a daily diary sheet every day and anything that was of interest i.e a photo with a comment, then once/ twice a month i would put in an observation sheet.
This could be left with the parent over night if they wish and collected in the morning, and signed (they could make suggestions or comments).
This would mean everything is in one place and i know what i'm doing!
Would this work :idea:

jo f
16-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I keep daily diaries seperate, I have had occasions where the file has not come back so I gave a sheet for each day then. usually every so often I empty the diary file into a lever arch file which I will give parents when they leave

Toothfairy
16-05-2010, 11:13 AM
The things that you put in a daily diary are things that parents need to see on a daily basis, such as food/water intake, toilet/nappy, naps, activities, moans/groans, wow moments, holiday dates, behavior problems etc
So it realy needs to go home every night for the parents to look at and comment on if need be.

But these can often be lost or forgotten.

The childs Learning journal can have; 'All about me' sheets, questionaires, base line obs, EYFS ob's, assessments, planning, art work in etc. I would keep this seperate as it is very impotant and very hard to replace if it went missing.

HTH :thumbsup:

butterfli
16-05-2010, 11:15 AM
ok, thanks :thumbsup:
that makes sense :clapping:

v 1461
10-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Hello,

I also do Daily diary and learning journal .
Daily diary goes back home every day, and learning journal about 4 times per year.
v