PDA

View Full Version : Toddler/baby kit

singingcactus
16-05-2010, 07:28 AM
If you could only keep one box of play resources for kids under 3, box being about 1m by 1m by 1.5m, what would you put in it?

I am moving to a smaller home with no storage so will not be advertising for kids under 3. I am going to be getting rid of most of my kit for that age group but am thinking of retaining one box - just in case. This box will not contain high chairs, car seats, pushchairs, etc, I am getting rid of them and will just have to get new if I get a kid in that age group. So what toys would you all retain for that age group (I am keeping toys for age 3 and above because of my own kids so will have the likes of wooden blocks etc).

avril
16-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Definately put sensory toys in - the type you would use in a treasure basket.

TammyN
16-05-2010, 08:46 AM
i would put in a wooden puzzle or 2, few soft toys, soft/board books, shape sorter, stacking cups, few rattles a baby mat to lie on if very small? something colourful, my lo's liked stacking ring that plays music and lights up!
i guess it would really be for if they come with parents for meeting so shouldn't need too much and you can explain to parents that you would purchase equipment to suit the children before they start!
i'm looking at selling my baby items too as my youngest mindee is nearly 2 and i need more space, car boot here i come :laughing:

sandy64
16-05-2010, 08:53 AM
you could have things which would double up for older ones ie instruments,scarfs,the rattles which have beads etc in hard back books mega blocks,shape sorters,puppets,small world people,animals, Then add some baby toys in case you change your mind its hard to store all our collections without down sizeing which i need to do lol:laughing: