PDA

View Full Version : conjunctivitis

Debbieanne
15-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Hi everyone,

What does everyone do, when a mindee gets conjunctivitis.
Do you exclude or not?
If given eye drops( by parent), would you administer with parents permission?

SammyM
16-05-2010, 06:48 AM
With me it depends if I have any other children, if I do its a straight exclusion, its just too contagious.

sarah32
16-05-2010, 07:33 AM
I excluded a 1 year old child a couple of weeks ago as mum refused to get treatment and I wasnt able to keep her clean as doesnt like face wiped.

Also had 2 other children that day and go to a group.

Depends on age of child I think, would you be able to control what they touch and clean those toys afterwards.:(

TammyN
16-05-2010, 08:36 AM
i have accepted children as long as they have been treated for 24hours with drops. same way i send my dd to preschool after she's been treated for 24 hours! dept of health says no exclusion period :panic:

avril
16-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I exclude.

I've learnt from experience, at the time I was new to childminding and thought I could control it. The mindee was 2yrs old and I just had my ds1 aged 1yr at the time both my son and I ended up with conjunctivitis so now on it's exclusion until clear ;)

The Juggler
16-05-2010, 10:07 AM
I exclude. I followed Dept of Health advice once, didn't exclude and my whole family were away on hols in Spain with yukky eyes and couldn't go in pool for fear of infecting anyone else for the first 3 days.