PDA

View Full Version : HELP. SECOND SEF BUT FIRST NEW VERSION

v 1461
15-05-2010, 05:42 PM
HI,
CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.
I MADE A SEF IN SEPTEMBER 2009 AND WOULD LIKE TO UPDATE IT BUT OF COURSE THEY CHANGED IT SINCE!!!
SO WHEN I GO ON WEBSITE TO WRITE A NEW SEF ( NEW VVERSION), IT TELLS ME THAT" IF I OPEN A NEW SEF IT WILL OVERWRITE MY OLD ONE", AND SO LOSE ITS CONTENT..
WHAT SHOULD I DO?? RISK TO START A NEW ONE AND LOSE THE ONE FROM SEPTEMBER OR KEEP THE OLD VERSION AND JUST UPDATE THE OLD SEF??

I KNOW IT S ALL A BIT CONFUSING..BUT I THINK OFSTED WILL COME AROUND SEPT AND MY SEF WILL BE 1 YEAR OLD THEN.

THANK YOU
V

sarah707
15-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Go into your old version on the Ofsted site...

Copy all the information out of it...

Put it, section by section, into a Word document on your computer.

Play with it... change the focus to match the new questions.

When it is ready, copy it out of word (use control and c on your keyboard).

Paste it back into the Ofsted version (use control and v on your keyboard).

I hope this helps :D

v 1461
15-05-2010, 06:09 PM
thank you Sarah I will try although I am not to good at juggling with computer and word doc unfortunately.
What do you mean by " control and c" and "control and v" ??
Everybody probably knows apart from me!!!!!!!
v

sarah707
15-05-2010, 07:37 PM
You can't use your mouse to copy out of the Ofsted document and paste back in... stupid but they didn't set it up that way.

You have to use your keyboard.

Look at the bottom left you have a key 'Ctrl'.

Use that and the 'c' letter key... or that and the 'v' letter key together to copy and paste.

If you play with the document page in Word you can grab it at the bottom corner and shrink it to half your screen.

Do the same with the Ofsted site and you'll have both sitting next to each other.

That will help you to flick between then moving the information.

Since you are copying (not deleting) it will still be in the Ofsted system until you are confident you've got it all on your computer.

Hth :D