PDA

View Full Version : NCMA ARM - North Shields

Pipsqueak
15-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Well I had a fab time. went up with two local minders and met up with Hebs and Cher and I met BuildingBlocks to (sorry I didn't get chance to catch up with you properly but it was lovely to meet you).

Ros Bayley was utterly fantastic as always.

We discussed (briefly) the NCMA 'code of practice' (managed to get a copy).

I was on the workshops: sing and sign and speech and language.
The sing and sign was so funny but I learned some sign - at long last.:clapping:

errmmm what have i forgotten Hebs, Cher?

sarah707
15-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Sounds great! Glad you had a lovely time :clapping:

We discussed the code of practice as well and most people wondered why it was necessary and how it would ever be policed!!

The workshop was on storytelling and was totally crap. :rolleyes:

I did really well with the raffle though :D

Pipsqueak
15-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I do think it would be best to have Professional Quality Standards as opposed to the Code of Practice.

hebs raised a good point - if some was found 'guilty' of a serious issue - negligent etc - then surely Ofsted would already have revoked their registration.
The NCMA rep pointed out that if someone was repeatedly being reported for similar 'offences' and NCMA could 'prove' it then they could be asked to leave. I agree about the policing of it and it really would open people up to malicious complaints from other minders.

And then it won't apply to non-NCMA members so its probably a bit of a moot point.
Also NCMA has got to ensure that all members receive a copy.

Hebs
15-05-2010, 06:43 PM
OMG pip you forgot that we got our books SIGNED :clapping: :clapping:

the sing and sign was fantastic, :censored: hard to do but i really enjoyed it :thumbsup:

The language one definatly gave food for thought, about how i can promote my setting as opposed to a nursery :D

Ros Bayley WOW amazing she is so funny and so good at what she does, can't wait to get our orders and my kids are arguing already over the beat babies :laughing:

Had a fantastic day, spent a small fortune :blush: but well worth it :clapping:

cher25
15-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I second everything already said. lol It was a great day and lovely to meet to you again pip.

Ros was really good and i enjoyed it, wish i had some of her energy. lol
Cant wait till my mindee's meet the beat babies. hehe.

I loved the sing and sign, quite fancy doing a bsl course. For myself and it would open up a whole new world for work. x

Hebs
15-05-2010, 09:38 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/hebs_1978/SAM_1224.jpg

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Heaven Scent
16-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Sounds great! Glad you had a lovely time :clapping:

We discussed the code of practice as well and most people wondered why it was necessary and how it would ever be policed!!

The workshop was on storytelling and was totally crap. :rolleyes:

I did really well with the raffle though :D

OMW Sarah, this is quite a strong term for you - and when I first read it I thought that that was putting it mildly BUT as the comment was from you then I suppose it does describe it to a 'T' how I would describe it is ******* **** :censored: :censored: :censored:

I do have to say I did feel for the poor lads who were dumped in at the deep end - I really really did feel for them!!!!