PDA

View Full Version : variation

devoncm
15-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Has anyone applied for one recently, i did on 4th for two under one, just for one day a week i have no other kids to look after this day either, we have signed contracts and she wants to start wednesday, im going to ring them mon and tues and have someone with me to look after grace if i havent got variation yet- is that allowed?? how long have you had to wait for one, when i spoke to them other day they were 2-3 weeks behind with them, they havent even sent new cert yet saying i have grace and she is almost 8 weeks now!

sandy64
15-05-2010, 12:14 PM
hi i applied on 7th may not heard yet they said it would be 14days unless there was a back log v.helpful not. is grace your lo? if its a mindee dont think you can sorry if shes your and someone is with her at all time dont see why not as you will be in your numbers i maybe wrong tho hope your variation comes soon:)

Goatgirl
15-05-2010, 12:43 PM
HI,
No you can't I'm afraid. Even if your little one is not on the premises she will still count in your numbers :(.

I do think its outrageous that Ofsted take so long to sort variations. I've just had to mess about a long standing family, asking them to change their day until my variation comes through to make room for a new LO.
We could potentially lose out on alot of business because of this, and I wonder how many parents just get fed up waiting and go with a nursery for the convenience ?!

Anyway, going off on one there, sorry:blush:

Hopefully your lady will find temporary care until your variation is sorted out. Definitely give Ofsted a ring on Monday though, they may be able to get it sorted quickly, you never know.

Hope it works out ok for you.

bws, Wendy

TammyN
15-05-2010, 01:03 PM
i chased mine up on Thurs last week, (4 in ey group) she confirmed it was there and there was upto a 4 week backlog, it may not take that long but she had to inform me anyway :eek: i mentioned that i may need it for next thursday and she said she couldn't give me any more info and to just wait and see! very helpful not!

Mollymop
15-05-2010, 02:28 PM
No you can't have someone look after Grace as she will always be in your numbers being your own child - so you will be over your numbers no matter what.

As for the variation - I applied for one recently ( about 3 or 4 weeks ago) and had to wait over 2 weeks then they told me they had a back log - I chased them most days and complained they told me they had a back log again BUT I said that the children were due to start the week before and they were like "oh! I will get someone to ring you back!" - so much for the backlog they soon got someone to ring me

They rang me back pronto but refused me as it wasn't continuity of care

They said if I already minded one of them I would probably be able to tak eon the sibling, but because it was new business and taking both on at the same time I wasn't allowed it :(
Ring them on monday and complain complain complain - 8 weeks is too long to wait! x

francinejayne
15-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I have literally just emailed my form off 2 minutes ago! And now I'm so nervous as I believe it will trigger my inspection (not had one yet!) - so I'm off to finish my SEF!

littletreasures
15-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I've put in for a variation for 2 under 1's and 4 under 5's. The baby will be a new starter. Parents want me to have him as he has dwarfism and had breathing difficulties when tiny and so want him to be close to home and the doctors (they live in the next road to me).

Ofsted are sending an inspector to see me even though I had my inspection last year. They want to see what equipment I have and what impact his disability will have on the other children. The disability won't have any impact as he is developmentally normal just small and all my equipment is in the loft as I don't intend to get it down unless I need it.

I only need the variation for 2 weeks with 4 under 5's. I don't have any children during the summer holidays and then 3 under 5's with 2 under 1 for about 6 weeks until one baby turns 1.

The inspector was really nice and said she has got to think about how to word it so Ofsted agree, so sounds quite hopeful.

They won't look at a variation until the date needed is quite near. They don't seem to realise that parents and us need to know!!!!

Shar
15-05-2010, 04:46 PM
:confused: I rang Ofsted last week to ask for a variation for a sibling in September. She told me it should be no problem but it was too soon to apply. She said they would not even consider it this far in advance. Told me to phone back 6 weeks before the child starts for paperwork request. Backlog or not they are not very efficient.

Good luck with yours.:thumbsup:

tashaleee
15-05-2010, 10:13 PM
sounds typical ofsted - I rang a couple of days ago and was told I would get a response in 14 days and no mention of a backlog :rolleyes:

Twinklestars
16-05-2010, 07:07 AM
they received mine on the 11th and said theres a backog, and its 14 working days before they will chase it not just 14 days, mines not urgent anyway just to register another room

TammyN
16-05-2010, 08:39 AM
I have literally just emailed my form off 2 minutes ago! And now I'm so nervous as I believe it will trigger my inspection (not had one yet!) - so I'm off to finish my SEF!

it is best to get it over with anyway, i hated the wait, not knowing!!
i emailed my form to them then they sent me another more detailed one through the post, i filled that in and sent it off, they go off date this was recieved so first one seemed a waste of time :panic:
good luck anyway xx

Mouse
16-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Has anyone applied for one recently, i did on 4th for two under one, just for one day a week i have no other kids to look after this day either, we have signed contracts and she wants to start wednesday, im going to ring them mon and tues and have someone with me to look after grace if i havent got variation yet- is that allowed?? how long have you had to wait for one, when i spoke to them other day they were 2-3 weeks behind with them, they havent even sent new cert yet saying i have grace and she is almost 8 weeks now!

I applied for a variation on 22nd April and an inspector phoned me on Tue 11th June to say to ask a couple of things & approve it. I get my new certificate yesterday (but the variation was available immediately on Tue). I did have to chase it a couple of times though.

Have you phoned Ofsted & asked them about the variation? I know lately they've been saying no straight away when it's not for continuity of care.