PDA

View Full Version : question for those whove had conservatorys or extensions built

mushpea
15-05-2010, 08:47 AM
we are having a conservatory built soon, I rang ofsted about 6 months ago and they said when its completed i needed to send in a risk assesment and that i would be able to use the conservatory straight away,,, when i rang them yesterday to inform them of when the work starts the chap said i had been misinformed and that i have to wait for them to return a letter saying its ok to use it which could take up to 14 days because its a variation to the childminding setting, i am now confused and dont know who to belive, what were you told when you had your extension/conservatory built.

aly
15-05-2010, 10:09 AM
you may find that if you ring a fewmore times you may get different answers!

not really sure though sorry!

x

sonia ann
15-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I have never had a letter to say i can use my new conservatory.......but I did receive a phone call a month later saying yes.................................

.......................never told them that I had been using it anyway:blush:

tashaleee
15-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I rang them about this recently as Im in the same situation. I was told I needed to do a variation form and they would email it to me which they did. I explained to the guy on the phone at Ofsted that it wouldnt be finished until approx mid/late June for me to actually use and he said that there would be somewhere on the form for me to put that. I read the form - yep you guessed it nowhere to put the date - so did the variation as though conservatory is ready to go (as figured by the time Ofsted grant and send through the paperwork it will be) :laughing: No idea if Im right or wrong but thats what I did... :thumbsup:

sarah707
15-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Mine stood completely empty while they lost and re-found my paperwork, then got their acts together to send out the letter.

I was told very clearly that children could not go in it until it was registered.

As it's on the back of my house I did ask if they could walk through it for the garden and was told no.

It took about 2 weeks after building work was finished.

Hth :D