PDA

View Full Version : Log Cabin

bekki0405
15-05-2010, 08:01 AM
I have looked on here for this subject, but can't find it.
Does anyone out there have any recommendations for log cabins. I am seriously considering getting one, and have been looking around at them, but am confused.
There are so many around, and the ones online are self assembly, so I'm wondering how difficult they are to put together.
Does anyone haave one that they can recommend, or a comany they have used that they had good service from.

Thank you;)

sarah707
15-05-2010, 04:30 PM
I just have a little playhouse but I do have a couple of sheds.

I would say look at them first - the quality varies dramatically.

Check things like the thickness of the wood, the holes, whether they move when erected... it's easy to waste money.

Hth :D

Cammie Doodle
15-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Not sure about log cabins, but www.tigersheds.co.uk do a lovely log roll workshop and it's 100 of £'s cheaper than any other firm I found. It is my new storage shed 10x 8 I love it :D

bekki0405
15-05-2010, 07:17 PM
thanks both. I wanted a log cabin so I have an extra room, not just for storage, It would be nice to get back a bit of my house!

francinejayne
15-05-2010, 07:19 PM
get along to the RHS shows, they have loads of exhibitors there with log cabins. Some are VERY expensive!!!

bekki0405
15-05-2010, 08:15 PM
get along to the RHS shows, they have loads of exhibitors there with log cabins. Some are VERY expensive!!!

What a good idea. I know some can be hugely expensive, we found a decent size one at a local garden centre for about 2K. It might seem a lot to some, but it will be offset against my tax, and as I have 4 of my own kids, the extra room will be invaluable.

suzyblue
16-05-2010, 09:26 AM
My parents bought a big log cabin and they managed to put most of it together themselves (both in their 60's and retired) They just needed help at the end with the roof. Im sure a couple of strong men could assemble one easily.